IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Thats the one, are you looking these up in a Chiltons? If so what section?
May also want to look into an alldatadiy.com subscription I think I got mine on a summer sale for like $12 per vehicle per year very easy search its paid for its self 10x over IMO electrical can be a pain.

When you get the connectors all trimmed post some photos I am curious if you end up with the same result as I did.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
May also want to look into an alldatadiy.com subscription I think I got mine on a summer sale for like $12 per vehicle per year very easy search its paid for its self 10x over IMO electrical can be a pain.

When you get the connectors all trimmed post some photos I am curious if you end up with the same result as I did.
I will do that after I complete the whole wire harness.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Haven't started video 14....does anyone know where the large black radiator fan power wire goes to by the fuse box? Mine is extended the 12 inches. Making sure I didn't miss a step

Last edited:

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
So got up to the point where I clip the dash harness to the body harness then label/cut wires. When doing this there were wires missing from the body side but were on the dash side. I'm assuming I just didn't remove them when going through the dash harness video.

Picture 1/2 Looks to be the audio amplifier plug

Picture 2/3 No clue right now

Picture 4/5 Steering Angle Sensor......needed? (Looks like people are removing and removing the actual sensor)

Attachments

Last edited:

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
So it looks like 2/3 are for the Clutch Pedal Position Sensor?

If so you can see I have 2 out of 3 that are labeled but the grey wire doesnt have a matching wire on the opposite side.....ugh.

Capture.JPG

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Well this is frustrating. Ordered the Dorman replacement steering shaft. Cut the boot off, paint it, go to slip it on and the base is so big when I rotate it the neck hits the front bulkhead. Now I need to take the Dremel and enlarge the left and right side to get this to work. Perfect.

Attachments

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Feeling pretty awesome....Part 14@14:55, large power steering wire.....yeah.....can't find where I put that.

I will look more tomorrow but have a bad feeling.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You should be able to use something like 10 AWG for the power steering wire. I believe it's a 60A circuit. Most auto parts stores should stock spools of that stuff.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
You should be able to use something like 10 AWG for the power steering wire. I believe it's a 60A circuit. Most auto parts stores should stock spools of that stuff.
Yeah but its the connector I am more concerned with. I am hitting up the Cobalt FB pages in search for one from someone who is parting out or scrapping a car.
InkedPowerSteering Power Wire_LI.jpg

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Harness is complete! Hoping it is good to go! The one thing I noticed was that the ground wires are not long enough to reach the ground lug in the tunnel. I think I will put a new bolt in place further back and clear off some powder instead of extending the wires.

Thoughts?

IMG_20181007_230510.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: