Illinois registration second opinion, question

Lando217

Hey guys, I have been reading in my states rules on registering the goblin. Reason is cause I wanna make sure I don’t need the title if I decide to take the shell to a junk yard. I know everyone is busy with their own lives but attached is the link to one page stating the rules on how to register a custom build car in IL, everyone on here has been great and if anyone can read it just to make sure I understand it correctly.

What I am understanding is that if I have a copy of the title, and bill of sale I should be good to go when comes time to register?

When I first bought it I even paid the $85 to put the title in my name so the copy will show as me the owner and make It more simpler?

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/vsd842.pdf

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
As I am not an attorney so take what I say at your own risk.

Under Proof of Ownership:
A) Documentation for Chassis or Frame
MCO (a.k.a. MSO) is provided by DF at the time you pick up the frame.​
B) Documentation for Essential Parts
1. Keep all receipts for the purchase of the donor and any and all major parts you buy to build the car, even the wheels and tires. Keep everything!​
2. Says "Copy of Certificate of Title" So just a copy of the title of the donor in your name, which you said you had - good move!.​
Around here when I junked another shell, they just wanted a bill of sale and I could have kept the title, well, I never titled that one in my name so it wouldn't have helped much.
This reads very much like Missouri. Bottom line, keep proof you owned the donor and you bought all of the items used to build the car. I made the mistake of signing over my title when I junked the shell and didn't keep a copy of the title. They did allow me to use the Application for Title as proof. I could have gone through the process of obtaining proof of title, but that would have taken time.

Looks like you should be good to go.

Lando217

As I am not an attorney so take what I say at your own risk.

Under Proof of Ownership:
A) Documentation for Chassis or Frame
MCO (a.k.a. MSO) is provided by DF at the time you pick up the frame.​
B) Documentation for Essential Parts
1. Keep all receipts for the purchase of the donor and any and all major parts you buy to build the car, even the wheels and tires. Keep everything!​
2. Says "Copy of Certificate of Title" So just a copy of the title of the donor in your name, which you said you had - good move!.​
Around here when I junked another shell, they just wanted a bill of sale and I could have kept the title, well, I never titled that one in my name so it wouldn't have helped much.
This reads very much like Missouri. Bottom line, keep proof you owned the donor and you bought all of the items used to build the car. I made the mistake of signing over my title when I junked the shell and didn't keep a copy of the title. They did allow me to use the Application for Title as proof. I could have gone through the process of obtaining proof of title, but that would have taken time.

Looks like you should be good to go.
Thank you very much for going through this! Of course it’s all my own risk, just wanted to make sure someone else has read it that same as me lol never hurts to have a second pair of eyes. Again thanks for your time!