I'm Murcielago311

Murcielago311

Hi. Intro thread. Another Missourian, in Ofallon, 30 min west of St. Louis.

Bought an 06 SS/SC Sunday, so I guess I'm really doing this, huh. It's roadworthy as it sits and I drove it to work today. Has some ZZP stuff, Recaro seats, nice wheels, coilovers..but higher mileage than I would have liked at 163K. Drives good though.

Trying to decide if I will plate it until I order my kit in February...or just junk-title it now and get rocking on it.

Planning to order a city, standard length (I'm 5'8", 165). Hoping to reuse the Recaros and the wheels, at least for now. Not sure if I can use the coilovers in the rear, but I'd like to.

Right now I'm just reading reading reading here. Can't get enough!

IMG_20191013_151010.jpg

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Welcome from the other side of Missouri! My first Goblin build was an 07 SS/SC really enjoyed that car a lot. Should be picking up Goblin frame 2 in a couple weeks! Hit me up if you get stuck anywhere.

Nuker-

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Welcome! Nice donor you got yourself.

I battled the title / registration thing myself as I bought it running from an individual, I haven't titled or registered mine yet and it's parted out. I'll jump that bridge when I get to titling / registering the goblin.

What coilovers do you have? I have the RaceLand coilovers and just purchased the coilover adapter plates, we'll see if they'll work or if I have to toss them and get the BC coilovers.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
They are Raceland. DF sells the adapters you mentioned? I guess they use the BC?
Yep, it was $50 in the optional equipment section during checkout. I don't know if they'll work yet, I'm just guessing they will. The coilovers themselves are garbage though, so it's just a temporary fix until I go full on BC coilovers with custom spring rates.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Know we've met before either through STLAR, MCRA or both. I'm in St Peters. Come on by if you want to go for a ride in one. Just got my Goblin street legal last month.

Murcielago311

Know we've met before either through STLAR, MCRA or both. I'm in St Peters. Come on by if you want to go for a ride in one. Just got my Goblin street legal last month.
Yep, I bought a set of take-offs from you if I remember right. I've been reading your build and registration very closely! I'm giving up street riding for the goblin build, but I still do track days with mcra and other groups.

I would love to see your car some time, thanks. I haven't actually seen one in person yet. I'm sure I'll be asking you lots of questions down the road.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Yep, I bought a set of take-offs from you if I remember right. I've been reading your build and registration very closely! I'm giving up street riding for the goblin build, but I still do track days with mcra and other groups.

I would love to see your car some time, thanks. I haven't actually seen one in person yet. I'm sure I'll be asking you lots of questions down the road.
I think you're right, that feels like a long time ago. I almost got another street bike but was introduced to the goblin and immediately knew this is what I needed. Went out to Marthasville this past weekend hit all the good back roads around there, you'll still get the guys that say 2 wheels are greater than 4. Those guys have never driven a goblin.

Welcome to stop by. Will be awesome to have potentially a 3rd goblin in the area to go do some back road driving with.

redtank22

Welcome to the forums! I'm just south of you in Jefferson county in Festus. Look forward to seeing a few of these things around the area!