Inside Dimensions

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Yes I did. Since I live out here in Phoenix and the sun tears up everything that it touches, so I went with some inexpensive ones off eBay. If they wear too quickly it will be easy enough to get them replaced for not a lot of $$$ They are Ikon Motorsports in black with tasteful (in my opinion) blue trim. They are tall enough for me at 6'3" so the seatbelt holes in the back are at the level of my shoulders and not below like many seats I was looking at. They should just squeeze in with a 20 inch width on the base. I will have to get my frame and do a first fitting, may need to do a custom seat mount to get them positioned correctly.

Last edited:

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
I'm curious how they will fit. Keep us posted. I got a pair of cheapos from ebay for a dirt car we built, but they were only good for about 2 hours and then they got pretty uncomfortable. I know what you mean about the desert heat. The ones we have are completely faded out just from normal use. I have looked at the corbeau Baja Xrs, but they may be to wide. Also they are a suspension seat which may make them to high as well.

Jcasson

Yes I did. Since I live out here in Phoenix and the sun tears up everything that it touches, so I went with some inexpensive ones off eBay. If they wear too quickly it will be easy enough to get them replaced for not a lot of $$$ They are Ikon Motorsports in black with tasteful (in my opinion) blue trim. They are tall enough for me at 6'3" so the seatbelt holes in the back are at the level of my shoulders and not below like many seats I was looking at. They should just squeeze in with a 20 inch width on the base. I will have to get my frame and do a first fitting, may need to do a custom seat mount to get them positioned correctly.
do you have a picture of the seats? im also 6' 3" and looking for an inexpensive seat

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
do you have a picture of the seats? im also 6' 3" and looking for an inexpensive seat
Thought I had a photo but can't find one. My seats are in storage, so I can't readily get a photo very soon. But, they do look a lot like these seats on ebay.

Jcasson

Thought I had a photo but can't find one. My seats are in storage, so I can't readily get a photo very soon. But, they do look a lot like these seats on ebay.

Are these about the same dimensions as the ones you got? I’d hate to order some and wish I had gotten something a little bit larger if I could.
I was looking for a seat just like this, same color and all, very nice.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Very close in dimensions, in fact are aboutan inch taller than mine - which is nice if you have a long torso. These are better seats than the model I bought, but are a bitore expensive. I dug thru my ebay account and found these are the ones I bought:

Jcasson

Very close in dimensions, in fact are aboutan inch taller than mine - which is nice if you have a long torso. These are better seats than the model I bought, but are a bitore expensive. I dug thru my ebay account and found these are the ones I bought:

That’s awesome. Thank you very much sir for the info and research.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
We used corbeau LG1 seats. I cut out the stock 1" square tube mounts and put in 4 rows of 1/2" tubing sandwiched with .030 plate, so just under 1/2" lower seat mount.

The LG1 are comfy for everyone but me. They may need some lumbar support for my liking, which I have but just haven't taken the time to install. 20210708_081033.jpg
20210708_081033.jpg

Ross

Goblin Guru
DF Goblin Owners and Builders

Christopher Cascioli asks:

Any chance someone would be able to help me out with measurements on the extended frame? Just trying to prepare myself for seat and body fitting lol.
Looking for inside width at firewall, inside width at the widest point in the middle and inside width at the pedal area. Also need the distance between all those points so I can sketch some things out

I measured my extended frame, on the inside of the 1.5" diameter exo frame tubes. I also took these measurements at the mid bar heighth or seat heighth, not the floor heighth.

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ross, the extended frame is the same as the standard, only add 4 inches to the '21 inches from the firewall' measurement to make it 25 inches and add the 4 to the 50 and 58 measurements too.

Ross

Goblin Guru
No need to add 4 inches to my measurements, as my frame is already the extended frame, and so are my measurements.
If you subtract 4 inches from my measurements, you can get the dimensions of the original frame.