Insurance

George

Goblin Guru
I went with State Farm, Have had my house with them for 30years and another property. Only car I have insured with them as all my daily drivers are company cars.

Brad

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I went with State Farm, Have had my house with them for 30years and another property. Only car I have insured with them as all my daily drivers are company cars.

Brad

I'm a loyal State Farm customer too for 20+ years, and I'm probably going to call them first.

It really seems to be hit or miss on being able to get insurance from the big names so I'm curious how you went about it, coverage, pricing, and if there are any limitations. Can you expand a bit?

George

Goblin Guru
I went with liability only but. The did offer full coverage with 1000 deductable. Liability ran about 550 every six months. Full coverage was a little less than 1100 every six months.
As for how jus called agent sent pictures, gave a value and waited for a quote.

Brad

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Wow. That's a lot of money. If I could find someone that could do $300 per 6 months with no strings attached, unrestricted use that would be awesome.

Probably won't happen.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
After working the phone on and off most of the day, this is where I am at the moment.

American Modern Insurance Group (AMIG) is the underwriter that is used by most of the Goblin owners in Texas. While we are outside of the state of Texas, we cannot us the same insurance agent (Cooper Insures) as those guys, we can ask our insurance agent to give us a quote using AMIG as the undewriter.

The quote I got directly from AMIG (866-880-8651) this afternoon is for:

Estimated Annual Premium for Quote: $199.00

Policy Coverages
Description Limit Premium
Operator Age:48
Bodily Injury Liability: 100,000/300,000/100,000 $xx.00
Uninsured Motorists: 100,000/300,000 $xx.00
Under-insured Motorists: 100,000/300,000 $xx.00
Uninsured Motorists Property Damage Limit: n/a $0.00
Underinsured Motorists Property Damage Deductible: n/a $0.00
Uninsured Motorists Property Damage Limit: n/a $0.00
Uninsured Motorists Property Damage Deductible: n/a $0.00
Personal Injury Protection Funeral Expense: n/a $0.00
Personal Injury Protection Medical Expense: n/a $0.00
Personal Injury Protection Work Loss: n/a $0.00
Medical Payments: 1,000 $xx.00
Spare Parts: 2000.00 included
Collector Coverage: 50000.00 included
Pet Protection: 750 included
Travel Loss: 150/600 included

Auto Coverage
Auto #1 2018 DF GOBLIN
VIN Number:

Description Limit Premium
Comprehensive 1,000 $xxx.00
Collision Declined $0
Uninsured Motorists Property Damage n/a $0.00
Personal Effects 200 included
Disaster Relocation 50/200 included
Towing and Emergency Expense 200 included

Vehicle Type: Kit Car
Vehicle Modified? No
Annual Mileage Plan 6000 Miles
Value $15,000.00
Garage Zip 65109

Eligibility Questions
  • Are any of the vehicle(s) being quoted offered for sale or consignment?: No
  • Are any of the vehicle(s) being quoted the Applicant's daily use automobile or is the daily automobile greater than 20 years old?: No
  • Are the vehicles used primarily for car club activities, exhibitions, parades, and/or pleasure drives, or part of a private collection?: Yes
  • Do any of the vehicle(s) have any unrepaired or existing damage?: No
  • Has the applicant ever been convicted of a felony or had their license suspended, canceled, revoked, or barred within 36 months prior to the inception date of this policy?: No
  • When vehicles are not in use, are the they stored in a fully enclosed, locked garage?: Yes
This message was sent to you courtesy of the American Modern Insurance Group. If you have questions or want to proceed, e-mail [email protected]

I had to remove the actual prices of each item because they changed from where I copy/pasted this and I don't actually know yet the exact prices of each on the last quote.

When I get more information and actually have a policy again, I will post all the details..