James's Extended Track Goblin - 06 LS donor

Dre

I'm sure the sensor is in the pile, lol!

I'm the same way. I won't get rid of any of it until my goblin is completely done, tagged and registered.

I'm going to have to buy a few more replacement parts than I was expecting. We ended up having to cut one of the rear frame bolts with a saw because the bolt has rusted to the bushing sleeve.
I had to do the same thing to mine. I had to have a friend torch it out.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Entry Hours: 15
Total Hours: 31.5

Completed Activities:
Finished cleaning/prepping/painting donor parts
Installed pedal box
Installed brake booster, master cylinder, and reservoir
Installed clutch master cylinder
Installed steering rack, remaining front end components, and temp installed tires
Assembled/Installed rear suspension (I know I'll have to take some of it out to install the engine but I had to see it sitting on all 4 wheels...)
Mostly completed shifter install (still have one link to finish)
Installed headlights, taillights, and side mirrors

Planned Activities:
Thin wiring harnesses and install
Finish shifter link
Install steering components (parts backordered from DF)
Install fuel pump and filler neck
Install new timing set and clutch in donor motor (motor doesn't have any current issues but replacing since the engine is out)
Install motor, air intake, and exhaust
Finish brakes
Finish shifter install and adjustments
Install seats and harnesses (on backorder from Corbeau)
Install spoiler (on backorder from DF)
Fire up and do donuts in the road!

tsj5677

Awesome job. I can't wait to see it all together in person. How much longer before you're ready to put the engine in?

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Thank you.

I HOPE it will be driveable this weekend, but realistically it will probably be another week before I have everything finished up. Going to finish the wiring harness this week and install the new timing set and clutch this weekend. Depending on how long that takes, we might get the engine in this weekend. I haven't decided if I want to paint the engine or not so that might add a bit of a delay after we see what it looks like naturally.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Entry Hours: 4.5
Total Hours: 36

Completed Activities:
Assembled shifter and links
Thinned dash and body wiring harnesses

Planned Activities:
Finish wiring harness and install

So the wiring harness got a trim tonight. I made it through both thinning videos. I have this bad feeling that I trimmed too much in one spot and not enough in another spot... I guess we'll find out when I put it in and start testing...

Dash harness and all the tape and loom... a nasty sticky mess...
WcxfE27jS6G2JsvR0R8t5g.jpg IgmCdhp6QAmLDzfO1T8Dfg.jpg

Getting started on the body harness
KpvxDGgGTHyqJ5dkhDpt%A.jpg wzLogmeTQHyob6RXl2WH2g.jpg hqQ+SwFMQleq7gTYkNzxEQ.jpg TrmNtD9WRIukbJNt05QsLA.jpg

Another giant pile of sticky tape and loom
IMG_0807.JPG

All the wire that got removed
tVtggufPSpWpZeRC+PP1mg.jpg

Finished thinning (I hope...)
MD2ceTqPT6GshAOK5ag+pQ.jpg

Dre

Will it be a little difficult to place the engine in with the subframe already installed?

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure you could get the engine in with the subframe installed. I don't have it all bolted down to torque yet as I planned on taking it back out.

I'm just impatient and wanted to see it sitting on all 4 wheels :)

Reactions: Dre

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Entry Hours: 2
Total Hours: 38

Completed Activities:
Finished video 11

Planned Activities:
Finish wiring harness and install

I was pretty relieved to make it through video 11. Turns out a lot of the stuff that I thought I had wrongly removed ended up getting removed anyway. I did find that I accidentally removed the light green backup light wire so I'll have to get the wiring diagram and put that wire back in... I guess worse things have happened... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do still have two connectors that I can't identify.
IsYIGNyfTm6nht%RAu8fqA.jpg seV18vCJTpq5NEuhu%hOIg.jpg

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I'm probably wrong, but they look kinda like they're for the automatic transmission shifter and the parking brake. Someone else will probably chime in with a better answer; I'm working from foggy memories.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I was thinking parking brake also for the single-wire connector. The four-wire does not ring a bell with me and could be for the automatic as I only have the manual. The only other connector that looked like that was for the boost gauge but I don't think the wire colors are correct without looking them up.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I watched the next video and Lonny calls the single connector wire the parking brake wire. That other one may be for an auto trans. It seriously wouldn't surprise me if the previous owner changed it... I've found all kinds of splices and random connectors in the wiring harness...