Jeffrey's City Goblin SS Turbo Illusion Purple

Jlarson524

Does your throttle body respond to the accelerator pedal?
I agree with Hokie, check your grounds. Grab a heavy gauge wire and attach one end to your negative battery post. Touch the other end to each of your grounds lugs and listen for clicks or anything changing.
Yes throttle body responds to foot pedal. I’ll try that

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure when it should come on but I know that it will not run if the LCD screen is not hooked up.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I had similar issues. One thing I found was that my floor strap wasn't really grounding at all. I used jumper cables to run it to the negitive battery. Then from the throttle to the engine. Make sure your fuse box 7mm bolts are tight as well.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Pull out your fuel pump relay and use a jumper wire to see if the fuel pump will run, also do the same for the starter relay.

Somewhere in our teatdown videos we show how to use a jumper wire to empty the fuell tank.

Jlarson524

Pull out your fuel pump relay and use a jumper wire to see if the fuel pump will run, also do the same for the starter relay.

Somewhere in our teatdown videos we show how to use a jumper wire to empty the fuell tank.
I did it for the fuel pump and the pump runs, I will try the same for starter relay tomorrow. I’ll update you then

Jlarson524

I had similar issues. One thing I found was that my floor strap wasn't really grounding at all. I used jumper cables to run it to the negitive battery. Then from the throttle to the engine. Make sure your fuse box 7mm bolts are tight as well.
Will the bolts stop moving when tight?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Will the bolts stop moving when tight?
Yes! Unless they are stripped out. The bolts draw the connectors down tight. If the bolts are right and just spin, they haven’t started into the threads and not even close to making connection. You may have to push i down firmly while tightening them.

Jlarson524

Yes! Unless they are stripped out. The bolts draw the connectors down tight. If the bolts are right and just spin, they haven’t started into the threads and not even close to making connection. You may have to push i down firmly while tightening them.
Probably my issue then because all the bolts as of right now just spin... ‍♂

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Put your nutdriver on the bolt and then pop the back of the handle with your hand to push it down and then you should feel it catching the threads. Don’t feel bad, it’s an unusual setup and your not the first one to run into that.

Jlarson524

Got it all tightened down correctly. Still no start.. I tried bypassing relay to fuel pump.... fuel pump primes.... I bypassed crank relay and it cranks. I also took a cable directly from ground and on battery and touched all ground cables and listened for relays or any change and didn’t hear anything. Going to jump back in the forums and check out some other peoples issues on start. When I turn the key I’m not getting the fuel pump to prime...

Tony

Take a look at my thread... Had a lot of similar issues. Check your BCM plugs and there's a couple specific wires from there to the fuse box.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Got it all tightened down correctly. Still no start.. I tried bypassing relay to fuel pump.... fuel pump primes.... I bypassed crank relay and it cranks. I also took a cable directly from ground and on battery and touched all ground cables and listened for relays or any change and didn’t hear anything. Going to jump back in the forums and check out some other peoples issues on start. When I turn the key I’m not getting the fuel pump to prime...
I had a similar issue on my first donor (09 SS TC) that I worked on.
What I found was the one of the grounds in my fuse box was not working (one of the 4 poles in the relays). One way to check it would be to have the key in the run position jump the fuel and the starter and see if it runs.

After I realized it was a ground. I made a temp garage from that pole on the relay and it was like normal.

do you have any pictures of your goblin in direct sunlight. I am looking at the illusion purple as one of my choices... and would like to know if yours is a base plus anything. i am looking at going a 3 stage powdercoat and trying to get an idea what it will look like

Tony

do you have any pictures of your goblin in direct sunlight. I am looking at the illusion purple as one of my choices... and would like to know if yours is a base plus anything. i am looking at going a 3 stage powdercoat and trying to get an idea what it will look like
I've also got Illusion Purple, there's a fair number of pics in my thread. Page 6 is where the color starts.