Jimlup City Goblin T/C Build

Jimlup

Hello Goblin community,
My name is Jim and this is only my 2nd post on the forum so I wanted to start my build log and this being Christmas eve day I finally have the opportunity to write a little on the forum. I didn't list a donor because I haven't purchased one yet but it will be a turbocharged build.
I have two kits to build so I figured it would be worth building a rotisserie for the frame.
20181222_150335.jpg

This first one is for my buddy. Then the 2nd one will be mine.
IMG_4340.jpg

I need to paint my frame and I'm sure there are plenty of things I can do till I find my donor so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy Holidays! Jim

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the Forum, Jim! Glad to see another build log started.

Before you paint or powder coat the frame, there are a few posts on here about small additions to add to the frame to customize it, extra tabs, mounts, etc. They may give you a few ideas.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Glad to see you are getting started. You will love working on it with that rotisserie. I know mine made a world of difference for me.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Welcome aboard! Great shop! You will enjoy the builds, will your friend be helping out? If you are doing the wiring are you going to do both harnesses at the same time or separately?

Have fun!

Jimlup

Thanks!
I'm really excited to start these builds. My buddy has his own company and puts a lot of hours in there but from time to time, yes he will help out. More importantly he will help a little $$$$ on my build so it all works out. As for the harnesses, we are doing these builds one at a time so unless we get lucky and find 2 donors at the same time, it's going to be 1 harness.

Jimlup

Yes Karter, it was when we visited you and saw you had a rotisserie I figured I better build one. Thanks for letting us visit.

Christopher Sanchez

Welcome, are both builds going to be lnf turbos? I keep catching myself checking out the off road versions which would be perfect with the supercharged engines and maybe an auto trans from hhr... I look forward to watching your builds!! One piece of advise would be to powder coat the frames if possible.. I wish I had powder coated more of the larger pieces.. live and learn

Jimlup

This build will be LNF but mine an LSJ. I hear the bottem end of an LSJ is stronger than the LNF anyway and I may turbo mine at a later date.

Wish I could afford to powder coat but just going with base coat clear coat. Another reason for the rotisserie. Will make painting much easier.

Christopher Sanchez

Yea if you’re are looking for more than 450 than I would say lsj block is the way to go. ZZP make some nice upgrade kits for these cars..! Looking forward to seeing your build(s)

Jimlup

Yes, it was nice meeting you also. If I have my Goblin built I hope to be there with you next year! Should be great advertisement for Adam and Lonnie!
I give credit to those who are building there cars and take the time to post to the forum. I'm retired and find it hard to spend the time building my Goblin and then taking time to post. LOL! That said here is where I am to date with the build of my buddies Goblin...
Frame has been epoxy primer, base coat/clear coat. Donor stripped and completely sold all all leftover part's even the shell. Used the winch on my quad to pull the hoses through the frame which made it very easy to do. Painted the majority of the donor parts to install on the Goblin. Rewired the Cobalt harness for installation. That was a little tricky since it was a 09 LNF sedan with all the extra wiring. Used SI from my old place of employment to access the schematics and hope I got it all right! That first start will be the test! Now its time to start assembling!

Attachments