jpr's City Goblin - 07/08 LT donor

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
What are people using for heater hose? I'm about ready to pull the chassis into the shop and start running hoses and can't find a 1" ID hose that lists the OD. Has anyone used the Gates 28420?
If you're referring to the main coolant lines that run through the lower frame tubes, the hose supplied with my kit was 1" Gates 3270 Safety Stripe heater hose. 1" ID, approximately 1-3/8" OD.

jpr

Yeah, the lines that go through the lower frame tubes. The only radiator hoses in my Stage 1 kit are the pre-formed end pieces.

On closer inspection it looks like Gates 28420 is the part number of the 1" ID Safety Stripe. I'll grab a roll of that. Thanks!

jpr

Finally had a chance to spend a little time on the build. Adam came through with the hose (thanks! Amazon would've had it here middle of next month...) which showed up Saturday morning just as I finished up the floor pan. Perfect timing.

IMG_1610.jpg

Arm day!

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

Starting to sorta resemble a car!

Nilbog

I can coat those aluminum panels if you'd like.... i didnt realize you were putting on the floor pan already! :)

Also, you can borrow my pneumatic rivet gun too.... those hand ones can be annoying.

jpr

Thanks, I'll definitely take you up on that for the firewall and the side skirts once I get those in!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
It liiiiives.

First attempt was with like a gallon of gas sloshing around the bottom... added more and it stayed lit.
Congratulations!!!

Not uncommon for a stumble at first start as there is still air in the fuel lines/rail.

Reactions: jpr

jpr

IMG_1741.jpg

Is it normal to have contact here? I initially had 1-2mm of space using the donor's master cylinder and brake booster, then got this master cylinder and booster from the junkyard and it seems to be the same overall dimension. I suppose I could remove the spacer in front of the booster (came with it from the yard) but that would jack up the brake pedal position, no?

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
View attachment 7142

Is it normal to have contact here? I initially had 1-2mm of space using the donor's master cylinder and brake booster, then got this master cylinder and booster from the junkyard and it seems to be the same overall dimension. I suppose I could remove the spacer in front of the booster (came with it from the yard) but that would jack up the brake pedal position, no?
I had to grind a little off my front of the master cylinder. I now have that 2-3 mm space back.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
You can gain some clearance by placing several washers between the upper pedal box support and the pedal box.
15499760570471518791031.jpg

jpr

So I've had a couple busy weekends. Suspension, brakes, lights, intake/exhaust all done...

Just test fit my wheels and while the rears go on fine, the fronts rub... spacers should be here Saturday. First drive maybe next week?
IMG_2537.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG