jpr's City Goblin - 07/08 LT donor

jpr

Also yes, digging through some threads since these pics were taken I noticed that the rod ends should be switched front to rear. So guess what I was doing at 2 AM...

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
So I've had a couple busy weekends. Suspension, brakes, lights, intake/exhaust all done...

Just test fit my wheels and while the rears go on fine, the fronts rub... spacers should be here Saturday. First drive maybe next week?View attachment 7985

View attachment 7986
Your headlights are too small...:) Did you go with hub centric spacers? If not I highly suggest you take a look at my build thread I ended up just setting my regular spacers to the side.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Ooh yeah, didn't think to go hub centric. Might be a decent idea...
They are a bit pricey because there is not many machine shops that do this. Because I went with 1" spacers and the safety concerns of wheels falling off I went with them in the rear. My wheels are 275 in the rear. The front were only 205 so I just purchased hub centric rings to align with my custom wheels.

Reactions: jpr

jpr

Looks good. What's left before test drive?
Install harnesses, tweak/torque approximate alignment, install wheels, figure out a slow drip from my brake reservoir, install rear tunnel clamp. So close I can taste it!

You need to swap sides with your lower control arms.
Ah crud! They looked right to me... here's a top-down as currently installed:

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Those look the like same style Harley Daymaker lights I'm running. I think you'll be very happy with them. They really light things up.

jpr

Yeah, they are pretty nice. Good beam spread with a well defined cutoff.

They're [these] mounted in [these], attached to the car with a nut I welded to the top of a bolt. 4000LM high beam each. I think the authentic Daymakers are probably brighter, but my budget couldn't be stretched quite enough to shell out $500+ a side =)

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Will need something better than the Dominators, from the discussion on them. Not sure if I like the size of the 5 3/4 lights, but if they put out good light then this may be the route I will take. Thanks for the info.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I scoured the internet for lights. I really like the 5 3/4 setup, as the options for housings and bulbs are numerous, and the better bulbs put out a ton of light.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Not to sound like a pompous a55 or anything, but when I read up on the DOT issue, I found out the the DOT does not "approve" anything nor do they test any headlamps. They only specify the criteria that they should meet and it is up to the manufacturer to design to the criteria and make sure they meet it. So any manufacturer could, in theory, just stamp their headlamps. Do they. I don't know. Am I suggesting they are? No.

I just found it interesting and now anytime I see or hear about DOT approved it makes me cringe a little just like when the local news calls a tractor trailer a semi-truck! It's not part of a truck, it's a whole truck! It's a semi-trailer.

Yeah, I know, I find myself getting left out of conversations a lot! :confused: