JS City Goblin - 2010 LS

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Looks sweet man. Did you ever work on your aerodynamics 2.0? I thought you were going to change things up?
Well really the only thing I want to do on the current iteration is a front wing of some sort.

Aero 2.0 is more like full body work. There was a competition KTM X-bow that was awesome. I’d like to incorporate that style into mine. Someday.
4D304DF7-BB29-40BF-BC2C-830537B05DD0.jpeg
0CAC8A51-47F0-47F1-863F-BEF9A8A5D2FA.jpeg

dperkins

Why would anyone buy that when they could have a radical for 3x less but be 10x faster on the track???

JSATX

Goblin Guru
It’s pretty much gotten to the point where it’s too hot to be in the garage. We’ve had an early heat wave this year and I’m just not ready for it.

I got the muffler in and have planned out how I’m going to run it. For now I will just install a racing style bullet muffler inline with the current pipe. If that does not work I’ll reroute the exhaust out the side near the drivers side strut and get a bigger muffler.

A side project I’ll be working on soon, I’ve noticed a pretty strong smell of gas coming from the Goblin lately so I plan to make a charcoal filter, if anyone has experience with that let me know.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
My really bad luck at race events continues. Loaded everything up and drove all the way to San Antonio raceway to get a few runs in. It turned out to be such a nice night, breezy and wasn’t hot at all. I’d spent most the day patching up things on the car and was really looking forward to getting a few time slips.

And they wouldn’t let me run. I focused so much on the car I guess I never thought about myself. They said because it was open wheel they would require full gear and I had only brought a helmet.

The dude was like if you flip it you’re gonna be screwed without full gear. They wanted me to have a race suit and arm restraints. I’m like are you serious if this car flips it’s because a bomb went off underneath it. Oh well.

They also had several people screwing around in seriously lifted trucks and not even wearing a helmet so I was pretty pissed about that but oh well. Next time I guess.
CC95B2B0-2F3E-4FAE-8104-73101679975F.jpeg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I guess each event has it's own set of rules. You never know what it is until you get there and find out. I would like to find one locally eventually. Still working on tuning and don't feel comfortable trying to be really aggressive yet.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Well I had a chance to get back out to the strip after getting in the required gear. It was a lot of fun, definitely slower than I was expecting but that’s ok, this thing is clearly more at home on a road course.

I felt like my launches were pretty good, and my shifts were perfect. The slip and video are from the very first run ever. Quickly I switched to flat foot shifting and that seemed to work better. But I just don’t have any steam after 2nd gear. Obvously my reaction time sucked at first. was able to get into the low twos after a few runs but with every run my time creeped slower. Assuming that’s increasing intake temps.

F83311F1-C5D9-4878-BFF9-2F4AADA880D2.jpeg

Last edited:

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Man this is the third time I’ve been stranded because of this. No idea what’s going on, been trying to ignore it but I guess I can’t anymore.

It would be one thing if it was an actual limp mode...but it completely eliminates throttle. Usually “limp modes” limit to say, 20%. But this one I get absolutely nothing. Can’t even idle.
4AE02394-14F9-4808-8C87-D8310185C2D0.jpeg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Whatever it is, it's serious sh1t. I sound like a broken record when I ask this, but can you read any codes (DTC). Surely they will tell you what is up.

RichRich

Cars and Coffee Austin was legit! There was something like 1,400 cars there. I’m still finding random pictures online of my car. Would highly recommend anyone in the area to go if you get a chance.3935
Man, I've been trying to take it to cars and coffee but want it finished. Been waiting on my spoiler for like 3 or 4 months. Too late for August, maybe in September. So awesome, I'm looking forward to it.

Bummer about the reduced engine power, is there ANY symptoms just before the light comes up?

Last edited:

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Whatever it is, it's serious sh1t. I sound like a broken record when I ask this, but can you read any codes (DTC). Surely they will tell you what is up.
The problem is, Im really not sure it is that serious. I pulled the codes and sure enough there's a litany of issues. But how do I know the sensors are functioning correctly? The funny thing is it has never done this on the track or strip. I logged the last few drag strip passes and did not see anything wrong at all.

There arent any symptoms before it dies. I was cruising at a comfortable 3k RPM not accelerating or slowing down when the throttle went dead. One thing I havent done is run an active log when it goes limp so Ill try that next.

Here are the current codes......

0x7E8: P0011 - Intake (A) Camshaft Position Timing - Over-Advanced (Bank 1) (History)
0x7E8: P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Range/Performance (Permanent)
0x7E8: P0171 - System Too Lean (Bank 1) (Pending, Old, History)
0x7E8: P0507 - Idle Air Control System RPM Higher Than Expected (Current)
0x7E8: P0606 - ECM / PCM Processor (Current)
0x7E8: P0641 - Sensor Reference Voltage A Circuit/Open (Pending, Current)

None of my logs show it running lean. None show over advanced cam. I've had grounding issues in the past, Im leaning towards that being the problem.

SliderR1

That looks very similar to the codes it spit out to me a few days ago - traced it to a loose connection at the PCM...