JS City Goblin - 2010 LS

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Tilton, Wilwood master cylinder and pedal.
This Wilwood with the balance bar would be nice to use. Adding brake proportioning.
View attachment 7495
Those are nice. I didn’t consider getting rid of the whole pedal assembly. I wonder how much work that would be

And if I’m being completely honest I hate the factory pedals. They are too close to the seat and the brake is too far from the gas

Ross

Goblin Guru
I have read on the forum here someone has installed an adjustable vacuum controller to reduce the braking assistance, and some people have also disconnected the vacuum line all together. So power brakes are optional, but removing the booster I haven't seen yet, but I'm interested in this endeavor.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I agree, the brake to throttle pedal spacing needs "enhancing".

I had this Cobalt forum posting about a modified throttle pedal. It's hinged at the floor to allow smoother operation of the throttle and wider to help with heel/toe.
I'm considering to print a wider pedal and test. If it doesnt work well then maybe this mod.

KLMOTORSPORTS

I am going with a Tilton 600 series pedal box in my DF Kit Car...building it all race and believe this will give the most feel and response vice the stock Cobalt assembly

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I’ve ordered a wilwood replacement manual master cylinder. Will drill holes straight into the pedal box for mounting. Only difficult part will be connecting the pedal to the rod as the cobalt uses a non standard 7/16 stud, most are 5/8 as best as I can tell

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I agree, the brake to throttle pedal spacing needs "enhancing".

I had this Cobalt forum posting about a modified throttle pedal. It's hinged at the floor to allow smoother operation of the throttle and wider to help with heel/toe.
I'm considering to print a wider pedal and test. If it doesnt work well then maybe this mod.
That’s pretty neat. It appears the pedal is chopped off and rollers are installed behind the floor mount pedal.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Those Tilton pedals look nice. Bought some bolt on pedals from OMP to clean them up a little and give some adjustability.

Interested to hear how the wilwood M/C goes, would love to get rid of the booster.
Those are sweet, give us an update once they’re installed. Just curious I noticed they also make one with a longer accelerator pedal, why didn’t you choose that set?

Jsix

hello Justin, i just got my car fired up and i have the same reduced engine power on the dash. Car starts and idles but wont go over 3 grand. what did you find??

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I’m currently going back through my wiring to eliminate a crappy ground being an issue, that’s where I would start with yours for sure.

When I get the reduced power message I can not rev the engine at all. No matter what I do it will not increase past idle speed. My problem is very much associated with high G driving. If it’s not wire related it’s being either gas or oil starved is my next guess.

Short answer is I have not solved the problem. Keep me updated if you find a fix.

Jsix

Thanks will do, i have had a few ground issues but thought i had them all fixed. Ill keep digging!!

bradr

Great build! If you removed the PSCM (Power Steering Control Module), I would recommend adding a 120 ohm resistor across the HS GMLAN wires where you either jumped them (Pin 1 to 4 and 2 to 5) or at the diagnostic connector. The PSCM is one of two terminating devices on the HS GMLAN network (the other being the ECM). It will work as is, but a resistor is cheap insurance to keep the system working right.