JS City Goblin - 2010 LS

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I was just thinking about something similar today. But keeping the stock cluster. But an aluminum panel up the center for my Boost/ vac, afr, and a marine stereo controller.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
yeah, totally doable. But the tach being on the far side has always bothered me.

but you could totally keep the original IC and then get a cheap LED rev light strip for racing placed above steering wheel and that would be perfectly acceptable.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
yeah, totally doable. But the tach being on the far side has always bothered me.

but you could totally keep the original IC and then get a cheap LED rev light strip for racing placed above steering wheel and that would be perfectly acceptable.
Dash is looking sweet.

Way on the back burner I planned on adding one of these above the steering wheel. Not being able to quickly see the tac has been bothering me.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
My first frame I made to match the rear roll bar which I calculated to be about 75° In the upper corner. While I like the look I found that it was annoyingly in the corner of my vision. So I made one that’s 90° in the corner plus a shallow bend to match the existing lower frame tubing.

the picture doesn’t do it much justice, It looks better in person.
019883C4-6D59-41F5-BAA7-2BCD1DDF0027.jpeg

and the nice part is it takes about two seconds to remove!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I spy some string going from the top of the radiator mount back across the top of the dash bar and fastened to the rear main rollbar hoop. Is this for something with your bodywork planning? The windshield frame looks great and having that little extra vertical edge may push a little more air around the side of the car to keep your hair from being messed up! :)

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Yep that’s the plan. I’m rotating the radiator forward about 30° and closing off underneath. Air passes through radiator and up and out reverse hood scoop.

bradr

Do you have a side view picture of the new windshield frame? I am interested to see how close the steering wheel is.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
So are you planing on a v shaped flat glass?
while the frame is fairly V shaped when I bend the Lexan over it it’s pretty smooth. Not going to be creased or two piece or anything like that. I’m also planning on adding a radius bar along the bottom to further shape and smooth it.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
while the frame is fairly V shaped when I bend the Lexan over it it’s pretty smooth. Not going to be creased or two piece or anything like that. I’m also planning on adding a radius bar along the bottom to further shape and smooth it.
Oh that's right I forgot that you can use Lexan and not safety glass