Jsix xtd. track 09 SS/TC donor

Jsix

Hello everyone in the Goblin build world. My name is John Copeland. My build partner Scott Storm and I are building chassis #123. So here goes the broken record part. Yep, another old bike guy! Too many broken and aftermarket body parts to list. I have ridden all of my life and hate to give it up but just cant fold up and ride the kinda bikes i love. Not much for cruiser's. I want to start by thanking everyone for all of the great information. I know we will be asking you turbo builders a lot of questions. We started with a high milage 09 turbo the week before Christmas. we picked up the chassis on Feb 16th. Here is a pic of where we are today. As soon as we make more progress i'll post more photos.

Attachments

Gsd autos mn

Nice color and rotisserie. Your on the way awesome. Im also a MC rider did a 6,500 mile 30 day trip with a severance check, had the time of my life. I use to average 10k miles a year on 2 wheels its been a lot less since I started auto body.

Last edited:

Jsix

Thanks, the color is actually a candy orange with no pearl in it. it has a reflective silver under the mid coat. I worked for Akzo Nobel for 25 years and have been in the automotive paint world for almost 40 years. If i can help anyone out there with paint questions just reach out. as far as the bike thing........I wouldn't know were to start. Dirt, asphalt, road racing titles, bikes destroyed, miles, surgery's, animals killed, etc........I'm a very lucky guy!

Jsix

U-Tech epoxy then U500 single stage then Sikkens matt clear. Motor is low gloss. It is all Akzo Nobel car refinish products. I have used it on V8's and air cooled motorcycle motors in the past with excellent results.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Wow! You guys have come a long way in a short amount of time. It seems like just yesterday you were just talking about the build, if you remember stopping by to see our build.

That thing looks awesome. I remember you talking about a special type of orange. Your engine is beautiful also!

Jsix

Thanks Chad, we have been busy !! I know we will be reaching out as soon we start wiring (&^$^&&**) !!

Lando217

Here is an update as of May 1st. Im not very good at updating as we move through the build. As you can see we now have wheels and tires. Hope to drive next week if it ever quits raining.......!!
Hey jsix, as a fellow Illinois resident just curious if you ever got your goblin complete and registered for road use? I am bout half way through, Any information in that department would be greatly appreciated!

Jsix

Hey jsix, as a fellow Illinois resident just curious if you ever got your goblin complete and registered for road use? I am bout half way through, Any information in that department would be greatly appreciated!
Hello Lando217,
Give me a call anytime to discuss 618-420-6015. Ill let you know what i'm doing.