Lark's Track Goblin No. 40 - 2008 LT ***REGISTERED***

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Gotta start somewhere. No one is great right off the batt. A little tweaking on the settings and some seat time, will make for some big improvements. If you can have an instructor ride with you and give you some pointers, is a major plus.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I ran with Evergreen AutoX in Monroe on Sunday and finally got to see an Exocet up close. This was a much faster and less technical course than the one I ran in Bellingham with CSCC. It also had a lot more consequences should things go wrong (concrete barrier walls, the big wall on the high side of the banked oval, etc). The Exocet set the 2nd fastest time of day; I have a lot more work to do to be on hat pace, as I was 83rd of 90 (and only got one of four runs in during my second session because of my fuel line popped of as I pulled up to the line for my 3rd run (spun on the 1st)). My car needs a driver mod, suspension tuning, and a softer tire compound.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Tires will help a ton. Suspension takes time, as well as the driver mod.
Yeah. These 4 year old Maxxis Victra VR-1s have been good on the street and very long wearing, but are definitely a limiting factor for autox and track days. I think another set of wheels is on order to mount more track focused rubber, as I expect to continue driving the Goblin to these single day events rather than towing.

Lndshrk Steve

I ran with Evergreen AutoX in Monroe on Sunday and finally got to see an Exocet up close. This was a much faster and less technical course than the one I ran in Bellingham with CSCC. It also had a lot more consequences should things go wrong (concrete barrier walls, the big wall on the high side of the banked oval, etc). The Exocet set the 2nd fastest time of day; I have a lot more work to do to be on hat pace, as I was 83rd of 90 (and only got one of four runs in during my second session because of my fuel line popped of as I pulled up to the line for my 3rd run (spun on the 1st)). My car needs a driver mod, suspension tuning, and a softer tire compound.
Seat time, seat time and seat time. First you need to get consistent (all runs within 2/10ths . . ok 5/10ths), then you can make changes. But only one at a time.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Seat time, seat time and seat time. First you need to get consistent (all runs within 2/10ths . . ok 5/10ths), then you can make changes. But only one at a time.
Oh, I know I need more seat time in these high performance driving scenarios, but the schedule only allows for so much.

I only know my best time from this past Sunday because I haven't reviewed the video yet. My TNiA experience was pretty consistent, though not that tight of a time tolerance (though that was a full road course vs an autox). Coming out of that event I made some damping adjustments that got the car a little more settled, but we could both be better.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
There's one in Shelton (almost 3 hours away) in a couple weeks with the BEAC & CSCC. I'm trying to se if I can fit it into my schedule.
It's not much closer but there's an event at Bremerton on the 9th.