(SOLD)Karter2026's City Chassis 09 LT XFE, PA Build #72- Registered

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
While I wait. I have to give a shout out to GoPro.

I decided to buy a GoPro hero 5 black used off of ebay. Well as my luck goes I got a camera that would only power on with the usb plugged in. Contacted the seller and didn't get an answer right away. So I contacted GoPro. The customer servive was great. I was on the chat with them for over an hour while the tech worked with me. As I figured I bought a dead camera. But on the good side it was under warranty. They stepped up to the plate and are sending me another camera. It will take me another week or so to get it but what the hell I don't have a car to drive yet anyhow. GoPro customer service A+++ from me.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru

I decided to buy a GoPro hero 5 black used off of ebay. Well as my luck goes I got a camera that would only power on with the usb plugged in. Contacted the seller and didn't get an answer right away. So I contacted GoPro. The customer servive was great. I was on the chat with them for over an hour while the tech worked with me. As I figured I bought a dead camera. But on the good side it was under warranty. They stepped up to the plate and are sending me another camera. It will take me another week or so to get it but what the hell I don't have a car to drive yet anyhow. GoPro customer service A+++ from me.
That is good service. Funny enough. I bought the same camera about 2 months ago. It has the ability to use GPS...so. Makes it sweet videos!

DCMoney

Goblin Guru

Shitty on that seller, leave negative feedback, ebay has great protections in place for buyers.

Good on GoPro though.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Shitty on that seller, leave negative feedback, ebay has great protections in place for buyers.

Good on GoPro though.
He did get back to me and offered a refund since he insists that it worked. I feel safer and better dealing with GoPro on this the rest of the way.

terryjr

Nice. welcome to GoPro. I can share some of the 3D printed mounts I made to attaching to tubes. I also found the movo mics on amazon to be very decent quality for $7, but i think you'll need the gopro branded mic adapter to use an external mic on the 5 and up. My newer turbo mic is a purple panda but i dont think it sounds any better than the movo, just has a fuzzy wind cover that helps with wind noise

something i been thinking about is connecting the mics to my cell phone and recording the sound that way, and then just adding the audio back to the video in moviemaker. this way i can skip adapters etc and not need the wiring attached to the gopro if i use different mounting positions, like on from or rear bumper for example

Last edited:

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
No I am guessing about 2 weeks or so. So far I have fixed one toilet, built some shelves, have another toilet to replace. The girlfriend is loving the home maintenance that is happening with my boredom.
Still Waiting! Well I guess the state DMV workers have gone on vacation. I'm glad it has been raining it has kept me from wanting to drive it.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I had good luck purchasing a GoPro 5 black on Ebay two weeks ago. I really wanted the telemetry that it offers. Hope to catch some good videos of the Midwest Spring Meetup. Glad GoPro took care of your purchase.... you probably ended up with a new GoPro 5 black.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
You have no idea. The girlfriend is loving it though. Our patio below the deck is now rainproof and looks like something from better homes and gardens. Built a new storage shed at the shop. Lot's of the " I would like to build or do this." stuff is getting done while I wait.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Tomorrow will be 6 weeks. Spoke with the notary that did the application for the title. She looked it up and said nothing is in the computer on it yet! To say the least my little bit of love for the state is quickly going away. She said that " Sometimes these take a little longer. But it is a cute car"

At least it keeps raining ( this month alone we have had 7" of rain) here so I don't feel to bad about not being able to drive it. But on the 2 days it was nice this month I was an angry person.

I am starting to see how people lose their mind and end up on the news!

terryjr

I've heard pre-memorial day applications always take much longer. But it has been raining like you said, I dont have many miles on mine recently, hasn't moved from garage since Monday

Jimlup

Ron will you be going to the Vintage Grand Prix this year? I may bring this one I'm building there even though its not street legal.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I will be going to the races at Pitt race. Un sure about the stuff at Schenley. You may be able to talk me in to it.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I think I got some good news today. Looked at my checking account and found that the state cashed my check yesterday. This may actully happen and be street legal before long. Hopefully they didn't just cash it for the tax money.....

terryjr

I think I got some good news today. Looked at my checking account and found that the state cashed my check yesterday. This may actully happen and be street legal before long. Hopefully they didn't just cash it for the tax money.....
Your stuff may come on different days. I don't remember exact but I think I got plate/reg in one package and title in another. Or maybe 3, but they all came while I was on vacation. So within a week of each other but maybe not in same day

Jimlup

Sounds like good news Ron. I might have some free spots at the VGP to show the Goblins if your interested. If your licenced by then it might be a nice ride there for you.