(SOLD)Karter2026's City Chassis 09 LT XFE, PA Build #72- Registered

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Haha, part of the fun is the process. I committed to it so I will see it through.

The windshield is probably going to be my biggest problem. I'll worry about it when it gets closer to time for that though, there's lots of other things to think about right this moment.

Just so I am clear: were the marker lights, reflectors, and wiper(s) necessary to pass the state's inspections?

Thank you, by the way, for the build log and the support.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Just so I am clear: were the marker lights, reflectors, and wiper(s) necessary to pass the state's inspections?
Yes all required, Along with DOT headlights, Wiper, Washer Laminated glass with AS1 on it, and engine covers side and top.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the post in the PA registration thread, I've been watching for it and I know it'll come in handy for me ..... someday.

Question: how much of that stuff in the list do you intend to keep equipped on your Goblin? I personally would consider removing the defroster and probably the washer. I have no intention of driving the Goblin in cold weather, nor when there's rain in the forecast. Just some thoughts.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
The defroster was just a portable one the one listed below is the one I have. It sits in the box on the shelf now. Since I had to drill a hole in the hood the washer nozzle is still on the car as hidden as I could make it. I did not like the idea of bumpers on the car. But since most police know that PA requires them I spent a lot of extra time making them look like they fit the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GLNWJQP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

terryjr

Having put about 3k miles on mine so far in literally ALL types of weather. I can say the defroster is USELESS in an open air car. If there is enough rain to lay on the roads, your trip is over. The amount of airflow needed to keep the inside of the window dry and clear just inst happening with a 12v system. You would need 3 phase and 100,000 cfm. What i would recommend replacing that defroster with is a simple hand squeegee on a telescoping handle since you cant lean forward in a 5 point harness. The washer system is actually still useful. Ive had other cars splash dirty road water up onto my widow, typically i just clean it again at home but if your on a long trip in mountains and the dirt is causing glare then a washer would be nice. Or just carry windex and a towel and get out and clean it. The final item i recommend are cup holders. I made magnetic ones and love them to death, they double as simple holders for things like sunglasses, change, wallet, etc. I'm working on finding some sort of glove box i can neatly mount up under dash or something that locks.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
The defroster was just a portable one the one listed below is the one I have. It sits in the box on the shelf now. Since I had to drill a hole in the hood the washer nozzle is still on the car as hidden as I could make it. I did not like the idea of bumpers on the car. But since most police know that PA requires them I spent a lot of extra time making them look like they fit the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GLNWJQP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Good thing they didn't look up the reviews on amazon lol. Congrats man! Glad your registered!!!!

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
This past weekend I was invited to take the Goblin to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (PVGP) by fellow member Jimlup. What a great car show there was close to about 3000 cars there. I again failed to take a lot of pictures. except for the few cars that mattered. The Goblins drew a lot of attention. I answered quite a few questions. The 41 Cadillac in the background was very clean. Tons of Mustangs, MG's Hell you name it there was one there. There was a Atom but I did not get to see it.
IMG_20190720_140538.jpg
IMG_20190720_164212.jpg
IMG_20190720_125150.jpg

I did something before I went just to feel out the crowd.
IMG_20190720_140538__01.jpg

Had some interest. There is two left texting me for more info off and on today. I don't expect anything to come of it. But time will tell.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
You've done an awesome job with tying in all your custom work and making it look factory. However, those pool noodles for arm rests need to go. :)
Thank you, That was what I wanted to do

I have some marine fabric to cover them with just haven't got to it yet

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
So I have about 150 miles on it so far. Starting to feel comfortable in it. I have made some hard pulls and I am impressed with the 2.2 N/A power. I feel like it could use some more gear in it. My donor was a XFE model so it had 3.63 gears compared to the 3.84 that most other cobalt's came with. That could be a winter project. Or just put more power to it to make up for the difference.

Balphamore

Nice work, And may I ask a bit of a silly question. What are the additional hoops on the top of the red one for?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I’m shocked how spot on the guy was about the car. He figured a lot out about it pretty quick. Shows you what goes on when you're not around.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Took the Goblin to Home Depot yesterday for some more plumbing supplies. Stuck the GoPro in just to see what would happen. Had a little fun with these guys. Oh ya I really hate plumbing.

Goblin to the Depot
Those guys were all over it! You should probably talk to the guy that was driving the truck, he was speculating about buying it when they saw the for sale sign. Who knows, he may have enough money to make it worth your while - if you are halfway serious about selling.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Those guys were all over it! You should probably talk to the guy that was driving the truck, he was speculating about buying it when they saw the for sale sign. Who knows, he may have enough money to make it worth your while - if you are halfway serious about selling.
Everything is for sale! I like the car but living in a townhouse is making parking/ shuffling cars to get in the garage a pain in the ass. I will keep it until I get that right number. I laugh at the 1:25 mark where one of them says it has a cup holder!

I have always loved to be on the water fishing, boating and etc. Currently working toward my captains license now. If I sell there will be a nice center console fishing boat in it's place.

Last edited: