(SOLD)Karter2026's City Chassis 09 LT XFE, PA Build #72- Registered

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Sounds like good news Ron. I might have some free spots at the VGP to show the Goblins if your interested. If your licenced by then it might be a nice ride there for you.
Jim PM me some details on it. My brother will have his 52 MG TD there also .

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Well today did not go as well as it could of. I got the call from the department of inspections and licensing. They want to send a quality assurance officer out to the inspection garage to inspect the car again. Needless to say I was not happy at all. I was almost yelling that it has taken 7 weeks to decide this? The soonest I am able to get the qa guy and the shop together is June 27. Now I have to deal with U Haul again. This has just made me an angry man. I had plans on going to a few car shows over 4th of July weekend. That is now out.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Man , that sucks. Just crazy how they just jerk people around and don't really care one bit. It took 15-seconds to decide, and 7 weeks to sit in a Inbox somewhere. Did they say why they needed to inspect it the second time?

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I spoke with the guy from the state today. It took some twisting of the conversation but I got him to tell me what he sees that he wants corrected. Time to get to work. I am going off the grid because as I said before my tongue is bleeding. And I don't want to say something if big brother is watching. So there this build will be quiet until I get a VIN and a title. I will still help others out and throw some comments in here and there until this is over or it is up for sale.....

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Well I got a call from the guy in Harrisburg on 7/3. Everything was approved and the paperwork was processed. :D And after 11 weeks. The Title showed up today. So now the wait is on insurance. Hopefully on the road next week. In a few weeks I will up the registration process thread with my experience. It is the first street legal one in PA. It can be done.
14123_1.jpg

Last edited:

kevbo423

Congrats! This gives me hope for the future. Hopefully the issues and headaches you've dealt with to make this possible will aid others in PA and make the process easier.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Congrats! This gives me hope for the future. Hopefully the issues and headaches you've dealt with to make this possible will aid others in PA and make the process easier.
I will put the list of the hoops in the registration thread when I update it.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Today I got to take my first legal drive. No back roads to start with I wanted to see how the alignment was at speed. It was good a little darty at 60mph but I think it is me getting used to it and the short wheelbase. Tracks nice and straight. Had two small issues one front fender nut came loose. I kept watching it looking for a place to pull over to tighten it. I figured about 10 feet before I pulled over it would of vibrated off, not the case. The other issue I had was a rattle from the rear. I kept thinking that one of the baffles was loose in the muffler. Under one hard pull it got pretty loud, I thought the muffler cracked or the gasket between the header and muffler blew out. It turns out that someone didn't tighten the plug in the muffler for the downstream o2 or the AFR gauge. Another simple fix.
First video from today

Second video

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I won't lie... this thread has me TERRIFIED.

I had no idea PA was going to be like this, in terms of getting registered. I don't have the design and metal fabrication capabilities it seems like I'm going to need to get the Goblin completed.

What have I gotten myself into ...... hoo boy.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Karter, I owe you an apology for the above post. I did not mean to be a wet blanket after you've completed such a huge accomplishment. Your project is amazing and you deserve huge kudos for getting it on the road legally, and it's so, so good-looking and well-done! Great job! :)

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Karter, I owe you an apology for the above post. I did not mean to be a wet blanket after you've completed such a huge accomplishment. Your project is amazing and you deserve huge kudos for getting it on the road legally, and it's so, so good-looking and well-done! Great job! :)
No problem. I understand I felt defeated a few times. If you find a place to bend tube I can give you some measurements. DF has some bumpers that they made up. I personally did not like the looks of them. So I went to the drawing board. I could always put you in a finished Goblin......