(SOLD)Karter2026's City Chassis 09 LT XFE, PA Build #72- Registered

Jimlup

Ron,
Looks like you have every T crossed and I dotted for your inspection. The car looks great!
Good luck!

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Loaded up and ready for the inspection. The rain was not a big issue just a slight drizzle off and on. No heavy downpours.
47781.jpeg

Well a little update! The first part of the inspection went good. The guy was impressed with the detail and how all the parts from the donor were incorporated into the build neatly. He told me to expect questions from the state. He had thought I checked all of the boxes that the state will want to see. He did say that they have been picking on exposed exhaust systems, and it was great that I made up the heat shield to cover the exhaust. Now the wait for the state to make a decision is on.

I did learn that the nose will drag going into the garage at home. Note the plywood laying in front that I drove over to help keep the paint on the car I guess we will find out how the HOA accepts me modifying the drain in front of the garage.

20190404_181329.jpg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
No I am guessing about 2 weeks or so. So far I have fixed one toilet, built some shelves, have another toilet to replace. The girlfriend is loving the home maintenance that is happening with my boredom.
Also honed my autocross skills a little at Three Rivers Karting on Friday.
Great racing line. You've done this before...:D

terryjr

I'm guessing one of two things. you'll either get a call this week from your mechanic stating that PennDot is going to give you some personal scoping, or next week you'll get a title. Could add a week since its spring and all the winter builds are hitting Penndot right now.

When i did mine, i did inspection on 8/10. I had my first contact/update 8/24.

Jimlup

That all sounds faster than I was thinking it would. I figured it would be months before you even heard from the state!

terryjr

The process isn't really all that bad. I had my title and stuff in October. Last year being the wettest on record and the garage i picked only doing inspections on Fridays slowed it down. The state would only meet at the inspection shop for liability and resource reasons. I ended up making 3 trips to shop. First, same visit Ron just made, 2 trip was to meet a state appointed inspector to dig much deeper. And the 3rd and final was to verify i made his requested updates, mostly reflectors, side markers, a heat shield, battery wire shield. I didn't even take it off the trailer on that trip.

But mine was extremely unique, you guys have more professional looking kits that the state might just let go right through. Guess we'll see.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Well I did hear today from the shop. Nothing bad just needs a couple more pictures and some paperwork. I will be on that tomorrow.