Kit Delivery

SliderR1

So I'm meeting the guys from DF this weekend at Deals Gap to pick up all three stages of my order. I'm feeling lazy and really don't want to drag a trailer up there. My enclosed trailer is currently being used as a large scale outdoor toy box for the kiddos, too...which means an hour of unloading before I can even hook it up. Adam thinks I might be able to fit all three stages in my GMC 1500 Sierra Ext Cab short bed pickup truck. Has anyone else been able to fit all three stages in one pickup truck load? The backseat and passenger side front will be available for hauling things as well as the whole bed.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The frame will be sticking out like crazy especially on a short bed pickup. The frame length is 10' 3". A short bed is what? 6' or so?

Good luck. I'm curious to see pics if you can get it to work.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Off topic: Are they going to be in Deals Gap for a Dragon run or something? I was there for ZDayZ this year... great roads.

SliderR1

well, I guess mine would be considered a standard bed now, since most new trucks are crew cab short bed. I think the length on mine is a little over 6 1/2 feet. Guess I'll need some red flags... :)

SliderR1

Off topic: Are they going to be in Deals Gap for a Dragon run or something? I was there for ZDayZ this year... great roads.
Yeah, the Ecotec/Cobalt Nation rally is this weekend. I'm surprised they haven't posted up about it. I think another builder from South Carolina is picking up his kit this weekend, as well.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
The frame will be sticking out like crazy especially on a short bed pickup. The frame length is 10' 3". A short bed is what? 6' or so?

Good luck. I'm curious to see pics if you can get it to work.
I was thinking the same thing.
Red flags, and a quick made up set set of magnetic tow lights wouldn't hurt.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Another thing is Adam/Lonny are probably bringing everything out on a trailer that has quite a bit more room. I'm sure they didn't package it as tightly as you'd need. You might be spending more time trying to get things to fit than unloading the gigantic toy box.

SliderR1

With the tailgate down, it will only stick out about a foot and a half - I can live with that.

SliderR1

Another thing is Adam/Lonny are probably bringing everything out on a trailer that has quite a bit more room. I'm sure they didn't package it as tightly as you'd need. You might be spending more time trying to get things to fit than unloading the gigantic toy box.
Valid point - although I have limited space in the garage currently, as well. So I'll end up needing everything able to be packed tightly at home anyway... Keep trying to persuade me - HA!

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
On the plus side, you are only like 2.5 hours away. It's not like you're going cross country.

Take pics and keep us updated on your build.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I brought my frame back 8 hours in a short bed, leave the tailgate up and flag it with a red cloth. Won't be an issue. Just bring a couple ratchet straps. I'm guessing the nosecone will have to be fit over the front of the frame for it all to fit well. But really everything else hardware wise should fit in the back seat no problem.

Nuker-

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Yeah, the Ecotec/Cobalt Nation rally is this weekend. I'm surprised they haven't posted up about it. I think another builder from South Carolina is picking up his kit this weekend, as well.
I'm in SC, know who the other person is? I wouldn't mind talking to them about their kit as they go through the process.

BAR-AIR

Here is a complete Goblin kit in a 8' bed pick up with out the tailgate. Just ran 2x4's across the bed and laid (screwed into the 2x4's) a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Then was able to bolt the frame right to the plywood. A couple of straps for safety and away we went.
IMG_1596.JPG

A little better picture with just the frame on the way to the powder coating. The sheet of paneling was used to put the flat pieces between the paneling and the plywood.
IMG_1606.JPG

Nate picking up his kit over in Texas. You can see the floor of the Goblin doesn't even come out to the end of the 8' piece of plywood anything further back doesn't touch the plywood anyway.
IMG_1598.JPG

SliderR1

Worked perfectly - everything but the frame, hood, and engine cover fit in the cab.

DSC08980.JPG

Thanks to Lonny and Adam for the help loading and for taking me on a quick spin. Sure is nice to finally see one of these in person! So glad I've got great roads to enjoy it on around here, too!!