Lechlis's Track Goblin - 06 SS Donor - Chassis #173 - Registered

Lechlis

Hello all,

Chassis #173 has been confirmed. Stage 1-3 currently slated to be ready mid-October. The donor was purchased on 09/07/19 here in SW Virginia for $2200. 203,XXX miles, normal wear, completely stock, functions great overall. I have only built turbo vehicles (YouTube link below) so I wanted to try the supercharger realm.

Tinsley Custom Coatings in Easley, SC will be doing the powder coat work. They have DF Goblin experience and my local options are subpar at best. The chassis will be Audi Nardo Grey and I am in the process of getting a Ford Royal Crimson Red wrap lined up for the hood. Subframe and other small miscellaneous items will be black.

I often find myself digging through other builds looking for component details, etc. I have attached an iCloud link to the most current build log. I will update it as things progress so that anyone looking here will be able to source equivalent components. Right now, since the build is still in its infancy, some details will be lacking but I will add them as soon as I figure them out.

iCloud
YouTube
Instagram

More to come...

Attachments

Last edited:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Hello all,

Chassis #173 has been confirmed. Stage 1-3 currently slated to be ready mid-October. The donor was purchased on 09/07/19 here in SW Virginia for $2200. 203,XXX miles, normal wear, functions great overall.

More to come...
Another high mileage donor ! Congrats, my donor has 199k and is still running strong. Most wear items are being replaced anyway so I figured why not.

Lechlis

It was a very productive day. Tires were mounted this morning and I began stripping the car. I need to double check the retained parts list, but only a few items remain in the car. I plan to pull the dash, drop the fuel tank to get the sender and filler neck, and get the harnesses ready to ship in the morning!

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Don't forget to keep your parking brake cable conduits. I forgot them on the first donor because they're not on the retained parts list. This is assuming you're putting in a parking brake, of course...

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Don't forget to keep your parking brake cable conduits. I forgot them on the first donor because they're not on the retained parts list. This is assuming you're putting in a parking brake, of course...
When you say conduits, you mean the cable and everything? I cut my cables yesterday thinking I was good to go :(

Welcome Lechlis! I take it your getting the wiring service. I am too and I purchased in Aug and haven't heard from them yet. Did they say how long the wiring service takes? Looks like I need to reach out to them

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I do mean both, I apologize. But, the cables can be bought online relatively easily, while the conduits seemingly not. My searching might have just been weak, but, that was my experience.

Lechlis

I received a confirmation email from Adam on September 9th, the day after I placed my deposit. He noted that they will reach out when my chassis is ready to be build to confirm my selections and estimated a mid-October pick-up date. He also said I could send my harnesses in whenever I have them ready. No time frame on the turn around time though.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I do mean both, I apologize. But, the cables can be bought online relatively easily, while the conduits seemingly not. My searching might have just been weak, but, that was my experience.
For those in the same shoes as me: https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/dorman,C661271,parking+brake+cable,1696

$14 -- not bad at all. Thanks for the insight! Sorry to hijack

Also a potential option: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/shop/speedway-motors-brake-lines~8207-10191-4295-3-478-30467

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Tinsley Custom Coatings in Easley, SC will be doing the powder coat work. They have DF Goblin experience and my local options are subpar at best. The chassis will be Audi Nardo Grey and I am in the process of getting a Ford Royal Crimson Red wrap lined up for the hood. Subframe and other small miscellaneous items will be black.
What was your quote from Tinsley? I've used CCC - "Carolina Custom Clad" in Rock Hill, SC before to powdercoat a cafe racer motorcycle frame and was pleased with their cost and results. Their google reviews are pretty terrible, though, and I'm not sure if they're still in business. I was looking for someone to do my frame and won't be using CCC again, but I'm curious what your quote was from Tinsley since they're close to me too.

Lechlis

They quoted $500 for the chassis, $200 for the Cobalt subframe, $80 for all 4 A-arms, and $60 per caliper. I didn't get a direct number for the valve cover or the floor pans.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
They quoted $500 for the chassis, $200 for the Cobalt subframe, $80 for all 4 A-arms, and $60 per caliper. I didn't get a direct number for the valve cover or the floor pans.
Awesome, I'll keep them in mind when my time comes. Thanks!

Lechlis

Could you share the excel file? Looks like there is a ton of valuable information there!
I cannot attach an Excel file directly to the first post, but I have attached a screen snip of it.

EDIT: I'll drop the Excel file in a Google Drive folder and put the link in the original post.

Last edited: