Lethalcast's City goblin- 2009 SS/TC G85

Lethalcast

That would look badass! I tried to go with a color similar to my truck and when I saw the name was cobalt metallic it pretty much had to be it haha

Lethalcast

So it seems like every other day I'm straightening radiator fins and not only is it tiring but I feel like it needed a grill to look finished. I know it cuts down on air flow but I decided to go with a 70% flow abs mesh grill to try. I havent ran the car yet to compare temps but here it is.

Lethalcast

Thank you guys! I made a cardboard template and cut the abs grill centered and a little smaller than the template. I used some car door edge trim to go around the outside. It's pretty much and interference fit and you have to flex it to get it in and then I used some 3m tape I have to tape the inside edges so it can't move it's way in up top. The rad keeps the bottom from going in but i taped it there as well and with it concaved in it cant come out from the front. Heres the link.

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The grill looks great. It won't cause any heating issues. It seems like these cars do very well on keeping cool, I can't see that little of loss of air would cause much of an issue. An old vette trick it to block the from going over the radiator to help keep more air in it if needed.

Lethalcast

Lol thnx! it only took 45m to make and I used a razor to cut it out! I tried using Snips in the beginning and it would break some of them if it flexed it too far. So I just laid the thing down on top of the template and then put that on top of three boxes of cardboard that I laid flat and started cutting.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I agree with all the crap on PA roads I wanted some extra protection from the radiator taking all the hits. That looks good.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
That’s the exact grill material I ordered. I cut the pattern out of plywood and used a flush trim router to cut the grill. Worked well

Lethalcast

The grill material does have 6 spots that are about 3x2.5" where it is thicker. I had to use a heat gun to relax those spots since they were deforming the material some in those areas.

Lethalcast

That’s the exact grill material I ordered. I cut the pattern out of plywood and used a flush trim router to cut the grill. Worked well
A router would have been easier but I had made mine almost the same size as the opening so I had to cut it down until it fit and followed the opening line

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I just hooked the system up enough to try and it sounds amazing!
I have the boss setup I have the same impression nice to have sound but even though I don’t listen to music loud I need some bass. Looks like I’m upgrading the setup how do you like the sub looks the the entire package is about $400.