Lethalcast's City goblin- 2009 SS/TC G85

Lethalcast

Well, shes almost ready for the road! I got it started for the first time. Thanks to Lonnys amazing wiring she kicked over first try!
20181016_173441.jpg
20181016_173508.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Congratulations!!!

We’ve had quite a few lately making major milestones. I can’t wait for us to get to that point - again.

Last edited:

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Cheater for having DF do your wiring. Hah. :) I cheated too by having them pull my radiator hoses.

Congrats on the start. The stress of it not starting immediately goes away once it fires up. That sigh of relief never felt so good.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Cheater for having DF do your wiring. Hah. :) I cheated too by having them pull my radiator hoses.

Congrats on the start. The stress of it not starting immediately goes away once it fires up. That sigh of relief never felt so good.
I spent only 45 hours on my wiring :) yea it was the hardest part x10.

Lethalcast

Well, after seeing so many pictures of plugs, birds nests of wires and countless questions I figured it would be a lot less stressful to have Lonny do it. The wire harness was perfect haha. All the lengths, connections, bends, everything. Most of all it started haha. Yes, it was a huge sigh of relief when it started up and not on fire lol

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Well, after seeing so many pictures of plugs, birds nests of wires and countless questions I figured it would be a lot less stressful to have Lonny do it. The wire harness was perfect haha. All the lengths, connections, bends, everything. Most of all it started haha. Yes, it was a huge sigh of relief when it started up and not on fire lol
I don’t blame you it’s worth the money I’ve touched almost every wire modifying lengths, removing tape, extending grounds if I did it again it would be a ton easier so for Lonny doing it 20x I’m sure he knows all exact lengths.

Lethalcast

Ya I'm so glad I decided to have him do it. It all fit in perfect and just the wrapping looks like it took forever.

Tim Moland

What happens if you don't hook this up. Will the car not start? If so, can you dissable tire pressure and key fob with hptuners? Im asking because my donor randomly pops up "service tire monitor system" with one tire pressure value at zero. Then it goes back off after a few cycles of the ignition and the tire pressure value comes back. Then it will pop up again with a different tire pressure value at zero. Wondering if I need to get this fixed at the dealer before dismantaling it.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
With it disconnected it will not pop up any warnings.

You don't need to connect it unless you are installing sensors in you tires.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
What happens if you don't hook this up. Will the car not start? If so, can you dissable tire pressure and key fob with hptuners? Im asking because my donor randomly pops up "service tire monitor system" with one tire pressure value at zero. Then it goes back off after a few cycles of the ignition and the tire pressure value comes back. Then it will pop up again with a different tire pressure value at zero. Wondering if I need to get this fixed at the dealer before dismantaling it.
Mine does the exact same thing. Its always one tire. Fairly annoying. Since TPMS is a body control function it can't be disabled through HP Tuners.

Lethalcast

Anyone elses shift cables extremely stiff. It wont even return to center and takes a lot of force to go side to side. I unhooked it from the trans and it's still crazy hard.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Anyone elses shift cables extremely stiff. It wont even return to center and takes a lot of force to go side to side. I unhooked it from the trans and it's still crazy hard.
They shouldn't be that way. Unhook the cable from both ends and move them by hand. They should slide with little effort. Surely you don't have them in a bind or sharp bend.

Tim Moland

Is it cold where your at? If the temp gets in the 30's, my shifter does the same thing. In warmer temperatures, it goes back to shifting smoothly. Im guessing the cables have grease in them that stiffen up in the cold.