Lethalcast's City goblin- 2009 SS/TC G85

George

Goblin Guru
I made spacers and lowered it 0.750 inches, it also gave me a better angle on the steering U joint.

Brad

Lethalcast

Took the first ride yesterday and a few extra today haha. Everything went great except for blowing one of the couplings off when I got on it a little. It was definitely hard to imagine how fast it was till driving it haha
20181224_113702.jpg

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Nice. You were like me with the antiseize on the rear coilovers. I had no idea how far to go up so now it just sits there collecting dirt and pebbles.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Congrats on the first drive, I will be taking a second in mine today or tomorrow......gotta throw my passenger seat in.

Lethalcast

So I've been doing more drives and adjusting suspension and the power steering went out. I can start the car back up and have power steering but then it will go out. It's weird, like maybe a ground or something but it started out of nowhere.

Lethalcast

Well i went through everything and no matter what the power steering turns off. Only thing I haven't done is leave the battery unhooked for a while. I went into hptuners and cleared all codes and it still turns off and back on briefly with a restart. Think it could be something with traction control turning it off? I'm out of ideas over here.

Lethalcast

Ya I have the braum seats and they're the elite series in suede with grey stitching. They are super comfortable and come with sliders but you'll have to make your own brackets. I went with the company they use to supply brackets and they're made to order. They're from planted technologies and didnt work at all for the car. I had to change everything about them to work. I raised the seats 1 1/2 and tilted them back some. If you mount the seat directly to the bracket you're sitting super low and I'm 6'2. Directly mounted the seat will slide back to leave out about 4 inches of possible leg room. I had to offset the seat and bolt it further back on the spacers just to be able to move the seat all the way back. Total waste of 280 dollars for the brackets and I still have to have them and the spacers powdercoated.
20181226_225704.jpg

Lethalcast

I found this motorcycle stereo system that mounts up perfect behind the cluster. It sounds pretty good but has next to no bass. A wakeboard tower speaker would probably mount in there with what space is available and actually have bass. For 70 bucks this one was worth a shot
15474094263974593688699026055446.jpg

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I found this motorcycle stereo system that mounts up perfect behind the cluster. It sounds pretty good but has next to no bass. A wakeboard tower speaker would probably mount in there with what space is available and actually have bass. For 70 bucks this one was worth a shot View attachment 6802
do you have some photos mounted up? I am ready to jump on some speakers.

Thanks

Lethalcast

This is pretty much the only spot I found that wasnt in the way. With the hood on you also wouldn't be able to see anything at all which I thought was cool.