Lethalcast's City goblin- 2009 SS/TC G85

Lethalcast

I'm down in florida and no bind but man are they stiff. Even with everything disconnected they're hard but one is especially tough. I'm gonna take it all apart and see if there is something wrong with my cables. I completely rebuilt my shifter and put lithium grease on every fitting
15402550731891872048944732188482.jpg

Lethalcast

Nope, it's perfect. I even put nylon washers on either end of the linkages and they move easily. I know at some point the shipping company decided it would be easier to ship it on end and that sent everything everywhere and I even had a cable end hanging out of the box when I picked it up. I'm thinking they got bent or something.

Lethalcast

I took the shift cable completely out and there is definately something kinked but Lonny has saved the day and is sending another one. Thnx to everyone that helped!

Lethalcast

I finally got around to putting the calipers back together after cerakote and I think they look cool. Steering wheel and quick release came in so I threw those on. Im ordering tires and seats next week so I need to finish the headlights, taillights and mirrors before they get here. I also got the replacement shift cable in and it's perfect, thanks Lonny!
20181108_185651.jpg
20181108_185801.jpg
20181108_185704.jpg
20181108_185749.jpg

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Very nice I am very interested in your wheel setup and shifter Christmas is coming and wife needs a list! Would you mind linking the parts?

Thanks!

Lethalcast

Thanks Chad I had a local guy that does gun coatings do a high temp cerakote on them. I had to completely disassemble them but it was only 30 bucks a caliper and 25 for each rotor. The exhaust and heat sheilds were 125. Totally worth it imo. I didnt want to try to paint them and certainly wasnt baking that exhaust or anything in my oven like the high temp paints wanted haha

SliderR1

Calipers looks awesome - way better than the G2 paint I went with - never will do that again...

Lethalcast

Thanx Slider! If you ever want to get yours redone the company is Spectrum Coatings in Cocoa fl and his name is Steve. Really cool guy and they turn out some awesome stuff.

Lethalcast

Does anyone know which seat sliders will work. I'm gonna go with Braum seats but the sliders they use are from planted technologies and it looks like it's just a hook goes underneath the front support and that wouldn't work.
sb225dr-2.jpg

redtank22

I personally do not have a goblin but if they made it so the stock seats could hook in like they do in a cobalt this should work perfect. Good find. Might look into this for my Cobalt

Lethalcast

Ya it's hard to tell from the pic if the top part extends far enough to go over the bar. That's the part I'm worried about and they are made to order.