Lonny's City Goblin - 2010 Turbo SS

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
20160718_115631.jpg

Now that everything is in the tunnel I can install the tunnel cap with the shifter mounted on it.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
20160718_115346.jpg

My fuse box was injured in its donor crash which broke the ECM mount so I mounted my ECM on top of my fuse box lid.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
20160718_115321.jpg
I mounted my air filter right of the end of the turbo. I still need to weld on aMAF plate on the aluminium tube.

We are still waiting on the rest of the turbo tubing to come in. I can't wait to drive it.

smithvmi

Lonny,

Looks awesome!

Let me know what you think of the R1R's once you get this beast out and about. I am probably going to run 2 wheel/tire combos, one for street/wet and a set of slicks for the track. I was thinking about the R1Rs for the street set.

Johvans

Love the progress!! Everything looks great! Are you going to run any kind of fan or ducting for the turbo heat exchanger?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Love the progress!! Everything looks great! Are you going to run any kind of fan or ducting for the turbo heat exchanger?
Yes, as it is the hot air from the radiator will heat the heat exchanger. We are going to vacuum form an air duct that will direct fresh air from between the front control arms into a manifold that is sealed to the heat exchanger.

RichN

The girls and I were watching the 3 of you working on the car. They love seeing the work you guys do.

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon Guys,
Lonnie the car is looking really good. Is this set up only going to work with the manual transmission (all the shifting cables are running above the center channel)? There is very little extra room in that channel with the automatic shifter and cable.
BAR

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Good Afternoon Guys,
Lonnie the car is looking really good. Is this set up only going to work with the manual transmission (all the shifting cables are running above the center channel)? There is very little extra room in that channel with the automatic shifter and cable.
BAR
Yes, everything we put in the tunnel so far will fit on the right side of the tunnel divider.

I am routing my AC lines and heater core lines under the car. They will be at risk of damage from high centering but I feel it is unlikely to happen under normal driving conditions. They will be at the most risk while loading on a trailer.

I will position the lines directly under the tunnel so that the car would have to land very flat to be able to flatten the tubes.

If you don't run a heat exchanger up front I think everything will fit in the tunnel.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
20160719_134819.jpg

It looks fuller than it really is but if everything was placed in the channel strategically it would fit better.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Excuse my stupidity, But are you running heating/cooling for the driver? Sorry I have no idea what else the A/C / Heater core would be used for in the Goblin.

Nuker-

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Excuse my stupidity, But are you running heating/cooling for the driver? Sorry I have no idea what else the A/C / Heater core would be used for in the Goblin.

Nuker-
Yes, my Goblin will have a heater and air conditioner.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Heat exchanger 1.JPG
Heat exchanger 2.JPG

This is what we have in mind for the heat exchanger air box. It will be a while before we will have time to build the molds.