Lonny's City Goblin - 2010 Turbo SS

Johvans

View attachment 279 Intercooler installed.
View attachment 280
Next I need to mount the heat exchanger and the water pump.
What are the dimensions of the intercooler that is installed? It looks like there may be more room for a larger heat exchanger? I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out on the turbo car as I plan on getting my car completed and running with the supercharger and swapping the s/c for a turbo in the future.

What are your thoughts regarding a puller fan on the top of the h/e until a duct is developed? On the same note what are the dimensions between the two most rearward tubes that bolt into the sub frame? I'm wondering if there is enough room there to mount a ZZP heat exchanger between the downtubes.

kalishek

IMG_9990.jpg
IMG_9990.jpg
IMG4193-L.jpg

Lonnie & Adam:
As you can see in above before & after photos 999 SuperSport Mk1 had issues with location of MAF sensor in curve of inlet to turbo. The curve disrupts smooth flow of air over MAF. Will have much more accurate sensor readings if there is a straight section before and after sensor location. Word to the wise. 8D Like your project very much.
KAL

Tony

Wow... that looks awesome! I thought I read that the nose piece was 2-piece, but I don't see any seams in yours, are they just covered up by the vinyl?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We fabricate the tip of the nose in a mold first. Then we fasten that piece in the big mold and lay it up as one assembly.

Tony

Oh, ok, that makes sense. Do you have a shape template for the vinyl so we can design our own?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
No we are taking them over to a local wrap company to have them done.
Car wrap city

Johvans

Need more pictures of the completed car!

Do you guys have a high res version of the DF kit car logo that is on your shirts? I like that logo a lot and would rather do something like the shirt logo on the side skirts.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I used one of the big door power wires on the BCM. The only thing is the power stays on for ten minutes after you kill the engine.
I put a button, that when depressed, makes the BCM think the door is ajar. This allows me to turn the pump and fan off if I don't want it to continue cooling after I kill the engine.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I used one of the big door power wires on the BCM. The only thing is the power stays on for ten minutes after you kill the engine.
I put a button, that when depressed, makes the BCM think the door is ajar. This allows me to turn the pump and fan off if I don't want it to continue cooling after I kill the engine.
The pump comes with the kit, right? What brand? I'd like to use the 10A fused ABS power wire that is tied to the run/crank relay to power the pump. Not sure if that would be enough juice though.

Johvans

The pump comes with the kit, right? What brand? I'd like to use the 10A fused ABS power wire that is tied to the run/crank relay to power the pump. Not sure if that would be enough juice though.
The stock bosch LSJ pump is 2.5A continuous. I would think you'd be okay.

CodyP

I got my hoses made up today for my A/C. I need to cut out the panels that fold up to form the evaporator and heater core box.
View attachment 260
Evaporator
View attachment 261
A/C lines exiting the tunnel at the front
View attachment 262
Condenser taped in position for mock up
View attachment 263
Compressor behind fuel tank
I know that this was quite some time ago, but do you remember what condenser you had that fit so well in front of the radiator? Also any information on how you made up the hoses, tubing, and fittings for the AC?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I never got around to completing an air conditioning system. I have no idea what condenser that was.

CodyP

His was so perfect though. I know it can never be that easy. :( Lonny I know we talked about it briefly when I was at your shop but I found an even smaller evaporator unit than the one you have. No heater core, just AC, but I'm less worried about that anyway. It even has the TXV (Thermal expansion valve) to not overload the coils that you mentioned. Here's some pictures of what I got. Now I just have to figure out how to mount the thing and make up the ac fittings.
3986993A-05C1-43E5-8C2F-300534C0BEBF.jpeg
EDE50EA4-97E4-44A0-A466-D3E6482635B4.jpeg
ECCDAC45-7478-4D32-8EF8-5C22F7EAE9B8.jpeg
D1E884DA-9EF6-4F51-B84F-88ECBE36FF48.jpeg

CodyP

Also I just found what looks like the condenser that you originally had for your build. Cross referenced your photo and Dan's and this is what I came up with. CNFP1214
0467500E-3B31-43B2-A541-F816D6A36B0B.png