Manny's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC Donor

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
As far as removing the extraneous stuff from your engine harness, it's really up to you. Some people like to remove every little bit that's not needed, and others including me like to leave well enough alone. There is no technical need to get rid of it.
Thanks. I think I've got the red wire taken care of. When it comes to the brown there are two which is where my confusion was initially. One for the guages and one for the clutch petal sensor. Both brown with white stripe. I think I need to find where they end up (in the fuse box) so I can try locating which wire does what, then use a tester to see which brown wire i am on. Hope that makes sense.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Your particular year might be different, but the brown/white wire that runs to my gauge cluster is the check engine light indicator. It runs from the purple/black connector on your engine harness, through the big dash/body connector you cut out and eventually solder extensions to, and up to your gauge panel.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Your particular year might be different, but the brown/white wire that runs to my gauge cluster is the check engine light indicator. It runs from the purple/black connector on your engine harness, through the big dash/body connector you cut out and eventually solder extensions to, and up to your gauge panel.
I am not sure what purple connector your referring to. I didn't see any that we're purple. Do you have a picture?

Got a little done to the engine. Trying to get the motor all ready so I replaced the timing chain tensioner, oil filter, starter and began putting everything back together. I still need to button it up and replace the wiring.

Since my powder coat is going to be copper color and another 2 weeks. I am not sure what color I want to paint the valve cover and supercharger. I may just put it back together and wait.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
It's the one that connects your engine harness to your body harness. See 4:57 in part 20 of the build videos. It just shows the connector and how it plugs together. I know you're probably not that far yet. Assuming we're talking about the same brown/white wire for your gauge cluster, then it should originate from the these connectors. I just kind of assumed gauge cluster when you mentioned "gauges."

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
It's the one that connects your engine harness to your body harness. See 4:57 in part 20 of the build videos. It just shows the connector and how it plugs together. I know you're probably not that far yet. Assuming we're talking about the same brown/white wire for your gauge cluster, then it should originate from the these connectors. I just kind of assumed gauge cluster when you mentioned "gauges."
Hmm. That is what I mean but on that connector I don't have any brown wires. But my guage cluster does. See pictures below.

I do know my Clutch petal position sensor is B9, and the "mil control" is C8. But. They are both brown/white so I can't track them down.

The only brown wires that I've found near the fuse box is this connection (last picture)

Attachments

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Ok .did some digging. I have two brown wires on the computer connector.Pins 53 and 40. I verifed they are the two brown wires in question with a miltimeter. Any idea which ones are those?

Attachments

Last edited:

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Pin 40/C8 is your MIL control. Pin 53/B9 is your clutch pedal. The C8 and B9 are the corresponding pins on the body harness connector.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
It took me forever to find it too. LOL. The Chilton site is a great resource, but holy cow can stuff be hard to find on it.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Not without going back to Chilton. I did post a pic a few replies ago on where mine runs. Yours might or might not be the same.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yeah for sure. Thanks again.
Any idea where the red and white wire from the obd2 should go? I just want to make sure that is correct while I am at it.
One thing I know about that wire is that it is powered all the time. When I bought my OBDII scan gauge is said the 07 SS/SC was the one vehicle that you could not use the power from the OBDII port and would have to find another. It didn't go into detail as to why. I found out the reason why is that line never powers off and there for the scan gauge would eventually time-out and turn off but would never see the line go hot again (because it's hot all the time) and therefore never turn back on. I had to find a different power wire that was wired to the accessory.

Point of all of this, my my year and model, it's powered all the time. Your's doesn't have to if you don't want it too. You can wire it to any power or accessory.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
It's just a left over connector that DF picked to use for hooking up the dash wiring. You can use it if you want. I'm building my own custom connector.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Had a little time. Packed away the harness supplies and put the engine harness back on the motor. The heat exchanger pump has a clip on it. Can some one take a close up of it? I can't remember how to get it on.
IMG_20180421_192349.jpg