Manual transmission pedal box questions

Ross

Goblin Guru
I'm not a terrorist, as that didn't make any sense to me. Also not hip, apparently. lol.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Pocket post. I've had pocket calls, but no pocket posts. yet.
Congrats jirwin, on being the first.

ole mother

View attachment 7679
I mocked up the pedals in the Goblin, and noticed that the gas/brake pedals are about 4" farther from the steering wheel, in the Goblin than in the Cobalt. I guess it is a more "lie down" seating position. Also the clutch pedal is now about 1.5" forward from it's Cobalt position, so now all the pedals form a diagonal line instead of being straight across. Guess I could put a 1.5" block on the brake, and a 3.5" block on the gas... but I will try the car this way before I attempt re-engineering it.
Ross. When I took my 06 donor apart the clutch pedal was apart from the brake and clutch? Either it was us just taking the easy way out or that's just how it came out..2 things...#1 your clutch looks plastic like ours, can this be replaced with metal, is it worth it..#2 can you send a few pictures of your pedals I have to figure out how to get this thing back into its proper position.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ross. When I took my 06 donor apart the clutch pedal was apart from the brake and clutch? Either it was us just taking the easy way out or that's just how it came out..2 things...#1 your clutch looks plastic like ours, can this be replaced with metal, is it worth it..#2 can you send a few pictures of your pedals I have to figure out how to get this thing back into its proper position.
Be careful with the clutch pedal spring, it breaks easy and made of unobtainium.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yes, the clutch is separate from the brake and gas pedal box.
I don't know of a metal clutch pedal, but maybe someone makes an aftermarket one. You could fabricate one if you wanted...
Here is a thread on the pedals. Pictures are there too.

Lndshrk Steve

Just an FYI, on most track cars the brake pedal is set to be even with the gas AT FULL BRAKE to help with heal/toe action. On street cars it seems to be what ever you want.