Manumatic control

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Anyone considered a way to manually shift the stock Cobalt auto? The Saab 9-3 has a pretty nice manual shift ability for its auto trans, something like that could be just the ticket for a dedicated race goblin.

I wonder if this would work? Not much info on it.

George

Goblin Guru
You could go with the 2009 SAAB 9-3 6 speed automatic with paddle shifter. It is setup for 400NM torque or 295ftlb.
It is not designed like the Cobalt transmission. It looks more like a cobalt manual transmission. In sport mode the shift very crisp.

Brad

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I've been looking into this a little bit, by way of shopping for an LSD. The diff by itself is $600, but the trans needs to come apart for install, and if I'm in there already, it may as well be rebuilt. It's going to be about $2k plus freight for Jeff at Engineered Performance to do a bulletproofed 4T45E with LSD. He recommended the TCM920 for a street/track car if I remember correctly; it's been a few weeks since we talked.

jpr

A buddy figured if we had the pin out to the auto trans, we could rig up an Arduino and a couple of shift buttons. We shelved the project until next winter though - wanted to get it on the road first.

May have to check out that module...

JSATX

Goblin Guru
You could go with the 2009 SAAB 9-3 6 speed automatic with paddle shifter. It is setup for 400NM torque or 295ftlb.
It is not designed like the Cobalt transmission. It looks more like a cobalt manual transmission. In sport mode the shift very crisp.

Brad
But isn’t that the same size as like the F40? I would expect difficulty mounting it in the goblin frame.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
But isn’t that the same size as like the F40? I would expect difficulty mounting it in the goblin frame.
Lonny stated earlier this week the F40 mod for the frame is almost complete and finalized for ordering. If the Saab 6 speed auto is the same size as the F40 6 speed manual, the frame can be ordered to fit - if that is route someone takes for installing an auto trans.