Meth injection issues

JERMzSS

I recently installed meth injection on my LSJ to help with the air intake 2 temps and I'm not seeing any drop in temps for some reason. I have my nozzle a few inches past the maf sensor so I feel like i should see it drop on my torque app. I'm convinced it's actually spraying but from what ive read i should see a temp drop if it is.

20190119_144306.jpg

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Keep in mind I don't know jack about meth injection, but I always thought it was supposed to be closer to the intake like right before the throttle body?

It seems like the SC would just heat it back up if it's being injected in the intake tube.

JERMzSS

The nozzle is only a few inches from the tb but you could be right. I'll get a few more pics today to show my setup.

George

Goblin Guru
I assume you are saying that between meth on and meth off you see no difference in air temperature.
Water removes twice as much latent heat as meth per volume. Do you monitor your air fuel ratio is so does it change between meth on and meth off?
I run water injection with 3D mapping. If I were to run meth would not mount my tank in passenger compartment and use a high pressure pump with a fuel injector with 3D mapping. Meth likes to be atomized for beat power. Water works best with larger droplets.
Increase the amount injected until engine power falls off then reduce the amount.

Brad

RichRich

I have a lot of experience in water meth injection, just in a diesel racing application. We ran it for the reduced exhaust temperature and increased air volume for horsepower. Intake temps were already sky high which was expected with 60+ psi of boost. But I always installed the nozzle right at the engine intake in the boosted line just before the plenums. We could see a drop of about 150-200 degrees on the exhaust temps between meth on and meth off but we were talking about exhaust temps around 2000 degrees. What is the temperature of your water and what is the temp of the ambient air? Im assuming both the same, how much boost does the LSJ run at? right around 8 psi isnt it?

George

Goblin Guru
On my Goblin I have never measured the boost. I have the oversize crank pulley and the 2.8 supercharger pulley.
I did measure temps last year but do not remember as they were good. Mine lays down about 268whp.

Brad

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
On my Goblin I have never measured the boost. I have the oversize crank pulley and the 2.8 supercharger pulley.
I did measure temps last year but do not remember as they were good. Mine lays down about 268whp.

Brad
We see about 15-16 psi with the 2.9 pulley.

George

Goblin Guru
I was short on time when I made my last post. Have been working with water injection since about 1978 when SAAB came out with the 99 Turbo. A time went on got more involved install kit on a large number of cars. On my daughters SAAB Turbo did a lot of recording of temps, boost back pressure and the like. At 26psi with an air to air inter cooler and water injection got temps down to ambient 77F out side 77F in intake manifold. We installed and provided a great number of kits for the Pontiac 3800 with supercharge. Their complaint was that the boost dropped from 16psi to 12psi.
The car run mach better they just could not figure out when the boost dropped. Had to explain the the air was cooler and more dense. Some just kept raising the boost and adding more water with out detonation. Some got a high as 21psi.

Brad