Midwest Meet Spring 2019 ***UPDATED***

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I was trying to figure out a way to block off the opening to the radiator into the cockpit, since it's already hot enough in Phoenix. This is perfect and is a fantastic option for the Goblin. Will have to order one with my kit. :)

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Ohh that’s cool, I definitely want one of those! Does anyone know when they’ll be available

Tony

I'm going to do my best to make it. The car is really close to test driving, and I'll be starting the registration process in the next couple days by having an officer/sheriff come by to inspect it in order to submit an application for VIN.

JERMzSS

Really looking forward to this. I like looking at other Goblins more than I i like looking at mine. lol

FTC

Just reserved my room for 17th checking out on the 19th of May for the Midwest Meet.

Brad
This brings up a good question, in the original post there is this:

"We will stay at the Clarion Inn and Suites or Hampton Inn just off of I-40. I have not contacted them on a special rate, but their normal rate it $75 per night for Clarion Inn and $100 for the Hampton Inn. "

What is the plan here? We all trying to stay at one hotel, or are we just picking which one we want?

George

Goblin Guru
I currently am at the Clarion Inn but if the event center of the most people are at the Hampton Inn I will switch. Waiting on everyone else.

Brad

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We may try to find an air bnb near by. It will give us a place to store or trailer.

FTC

We may try to find an air bnb near by. It will give us a place to store or trailer.
I'll have a truck and a car dolly. Looking at both hotels on google maps, the parking lots don't look that great:

Clarion:

Hampton:

How many of us are trailering in our cars? Out of the two the Clarion from a parking perspective looks the best.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
This brings up a good question, in the original post there is this:

"We will stay at the Clarion Inn and Suites or Hampton Inn just off of I-40. I have not contacted them on a special rate, but their normal rate it $75 per night for Clarion Inn and $100 for the Hampton Inn. "

What is the plan here? We all trying to stay at one hotel, or are we just picking which one we want?
You can pick either, they are both very close together, within walking distance. I was just throwing them out there for a choice. Last time Kaleb and I stayed at a different hotel because the first one was booked and it didn't make any difference because by the time we got back to the hotels after dinner, most people just retired to their room.

Two of us that I know about are at the Hampton Inn (I had enough points to pay for the entire weekend) and Brad is at the Clarion Inn. If Brad changes, we can all be at the Hampton Inn. I just didn't want to force everyone to one or the other. Maybe a bad decision.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'll have a truck and a car dolly. Looking at both hotels on google maps, the parking lots don't look that great:

How many of us are trailering in our cars? Out of the two the Clarion from a parking perspective looks the best.
I'll call them to see about trailer parking. I will be hauling a trailer also.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Hampton said that have spots we can use at then end of each corner. In your photo from above, it shows containers which should be gone and we can park there. The Clarion Inn has plenty of spots that you can park across spots as long as you park at the end. That's what we usually do with a trailer.

FTC

Hampton said that have spots we can use at then end of each corner. In your photo from above, it shows containers which should be gone and we can park there. The Clarion Inn has plenty of spots that you can park across spots as long as you park at the end. That's what we usually do with a trailer.

Hampton Inn booked 17 - 20. Cheers.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We booked an air bnb in Dover which is about 9 miles from Russellville. Sleeps 6 and is on 4 acres so there will be plenty of parking for our three goblins and tow vehicles.

There are five of us showing up so it made since for us to rent a house. $242 for two nights. Three rooms at a hotel would have cost us $450 or more.

Hope to see y'all in may, were excited.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We booked an air bnb in Dover which is about 9 miles from Russellville. Sleeps 6 and is on 4 acres so there will be plenty of parking for our three goblins and tow vehicles.

There are five of us showing up so it made since for us to rent a house. $242 for two nights. Three rooms at a hotel would have cost us $450 or more.

Hope to see y'all in may, were excited.
Five! Awesome!

I've contacted a local car club to see if they would be interested in a small impromptu car show or something Saturday evening just to draw attention to a local establishment. We'll see if they respond.