Midwest Meet Spring 2019 ***UPDATED***

JSATX

Goblin Guru
If I didn’t already have a vacation scheduled that weekend I’d come too. Nice job organizing this Chad

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I've never done anything like this before. What if the weather doesn't cooperate? Suck it up?
We will keep a close eye on the weather a week before. We will have to make a decision wether to go or not at that time. Hopefully it won’t be an issue.

We don’t have much protection from the rain (no windshield) and I don’t want to get the electronics wet. As far as overnight rain, we have a trailer and others might want to consider a car cover.

I think these cars could be dangerous in the rain (goonzsquad).

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Several trips to Arkansas on bikes at the end of April early May, we got rained on almost every time. Historical data says 39% chance, but the 16th of may is the years highest chance of rain...

I loved racing bikes in the rain, as rain is the great equalizer.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Well that sure is a downer. Unfortunately in planning any event outside there is that possibility. We will just have to see how it goes. If it does, maybe is just a short rain it only one day. We’ll try to make the best of it.

Last year we went at the last week of May, only a week or so later than this plan, and it was sunny and beautiful the entire time.

Tell you what, I won’t wash my truck for at least two week before. It always rains right after I wash my truck.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I always laugh at the weather forecast for rain... if it rains for 2 minutes somewhere in the same county, it counts as raining that day. 41% sounds bad, but the remaining 23 hours and 58 minutes in that same rainy day can be a lot of fun.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Five people three cars.
I talked to Dennis (dynoman56) yesterday, he said they are going to try to be there also.
dynoman56? Member of this forum? I cannot find him. I would like to get some contact information so I can add him to the email group.

JERMzSS

We are still planning on attending but I'm having an issue that could be costly. Copper glitter in the oil pan has me concerned so I'm dropping the oil pan today to look for the source. I'll keep y'all up to date.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We are still planning on attending but I'm having an issue that could be costly. Copper glitter in the oil pan has me concerned so I'm dropping the oil pan today to look for the source. I'll keep y'all up to date.
I sure hope everything is okay! I’m really looking forward to seeing your skills. I appreciate you giving me the heads. I hope you get it sorted out.

Iowaspeed

I live in central Iowa and would love to at least see one in person. I just got my donor yesterday (07 SS/SC), so I doubt I'd be able to bring a driving Goblin.
What part of Iowa? I have a 06 ss/sc that is almost done. I live in Pella and you are more then welcome to come see it. I’m hoping to make the meet but not sure if I will have it licensed by then.

lksohm

What part of Iowa? I have a 06 ss/sc that is almost done. I live in Pella and you are more then welcome to come see it. I’m hoping to make the meet but not sure if I will have it licensed by then.
I sent you a message.

JERMzSS

I sure hope everything is okay! I’m really looking forward to seeing your skills. I appreciate you giving me the heads. I hope you get it sorted out.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm pulling the motor now. Hopefully its a simple fix but it looks like all my bearings are shot. Fingers crossed I'll have it back together in a few weeks.

JERMzSS

Less than two weeks away! Looking forward to seeing the other members and their builds!
Sorry ive been quite but as of right now everything is back together and running great so we are in! We will meet up with you guys early Saturday. Still not sure if we are spending the night or just gona drive home and come back Sunday morning. It's a hair over an hour from our bouse to Russellville.

We are super excited for this!

Edit: you guys are gona love hwy 23 AKA the pig trail.

Last edited: