Midwest Meet Spring 2019 ***UPDATED***

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Nobody hold their breath, but I'm trying to track down something in Russellville where we can store our cars in the event that it rains. Long range forecasts appear to be trending that way.

If anybody has any other ideas, please share here. I know Lonny and crew will be doing an Airbnb. Maybe their temporary residence has a large detached garage/shop that we could use. :)

FTC

Nobody hold their breath, but I'm trying to track down something in Russellville where we can store our cars in the event that it rains. Long range forecasts appear to be trending that way.

If anybody has any other ideas, please share here. I know Lonny and crew will be doing an Airbnb. Maybe their temporary residence has a large detached garage/shop that we could use. :)
Cool idea. Be nice if it works out. I'll be bringing a tarp and some bungee straps to cover the cockpit of the car. Hopefully its just scattered showers and not full days of rain that weekend.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I actually found a body shop that looks to have a pretty decent permanent awning built into their building. The VP said there should be plenty of parking under it with it being a weekend and to feel free to use it. My biggest concern is severe weather and rain at night. Tarps just won't stay put.

If anybody is interested, see me at the meet for more details. It's on the opposite side of town, but it's within 3 miles or so from the Hampton Inn where I and a few others will be staying.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The 10-day forecast looks to be very good at the moment according to The Weather Channel. Nothing for Friday and Saturday and chance of scattered for Sunday. Looks promising.

JERMzSS

It's getting down to the final days and I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what all I should bring. I have an enclosed trailer so I can keep some things we may need.

So far the plan is to bring:
Small jack
Extra fuses
Extra cell phone battery pack
Gas can
Sun screens
Helmets and helmets socks

Anything else we should bring that you guys can think of? I have a few hand tools in there but nothing crazy.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We are bringing walkie talkies, the more people that bring them the better. Cell service is not that great for us in that area.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We are bringing our walkie talkie. I have a 2-meter ham radio but won’t do much good unless there are others with one and a local repeater. You can easily get 15-25 miles with one of those.

I’m bringing the enclosed trailer with tools. We brought quite a bit of stuff last time but actually we were lucky and didn’t need much.

Camera
We have extra SENA headsets that work well in sight.
Spare tires? We don’t have any spare but a pair of 5 and 4 bolt pattern would help out anyone.
Patch kit.
I can’t think of much more at the moment.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I was planning on bringing my R6 motorbike, since my Goblin isn't ready.... but maybe I should bring my van with some spare tires and tools instead. I am bringing a walkie talkie for my son & I.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Does anybody know anything about the Mt. Magazine scenic route? I'm planning on arriving in Russellville around lunchtime on Friday, and have this on my list of things to checkout in my free time. Or maybe it could be added Saturday evening and done as a group? I think Havana, AR is like 40 miles W/SW of Russellville and the actual route is only like 20 miles. It shouldn't take any more than 2-1/2 hours or so I'd imagine.

Just wondering if it's worth checking out.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Does anybody know anything about the Mt. Magazine scenic route? I'm planning on arriving in Russellville around lunchtime on Friday, and have this on my list of things to checkout in my free time. Or maybe it could be added Saturday evening and done as a group? I think Havana, AR is like 40 miles W/SW of Russellville and the actual route is only like 20 miles. It shouldn't take any more than 2-1/2 hours or so I'd imagine.

Just wondering if it's worth checking out.
I am not familiar with it, JERMsSS may be. Looks cool. I don't believe we will be getting in that soon on Friday, we are looking at a 5-6 hour drive. I am hoping to get in town mid afternoon though. We can see if others are up to it as an option additional ride for sure.

JERMzSS

I am not familiar with it, JERMsSS may be. Looks cool. I don't believe we will be getting in that soon on Friday, we are looking at a 5-6 hour drive. I am hoping to get in town mid afternoon though. We can see if others are up to it as an option additional ride for sure.
Yes i agree with Ross it is a very nice drive.

I'm getting concerned about the weather on Saturday.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Good luck guy's. Have a safe trip and enjoy the drive/ ride. I hope the weather holds out for y'all. While I wait on PA to issue a title. I will sit here in my car in the garage with a YouTube video of the tail of the dragon playing on the tv and picture what it is like to drive this thing. Maybe I will turn on the fan for the full effect.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Now you make me wish we got a jump on it and left a day early. We are loading up tonight and heading out first thing in the AM.