Missouri Registration

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Nice feeling huh! Looking forward to getting Goblin 2.0 done and licensed before April. I want the whole season next year.

What are they calling your guys cars on the title? My first one was a dunebuggy.

Nuker-

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Yep!

2019 (year), Special Construction (make), Dunebuggy (model) is what was put on the applications for mine.

Murcielago311

Anyone know the location of the Cobalt engine/trans VIN stamps highway patrol will be checking? My inspection is 7/10. Thanks

baustin

Anyone know the location of the Cobalt engine/trans VIN stamps highway patrol will be checking? My inspection is 7/10. Thanks
LSJ engine serial is on the oil filter housing. Transmission serial is on the nameplate on the transmission top side.

Murcielago311

That's kinda where I was going with this. I have no idea if my engine/trans is original. Do they have some kind of GM lookup that matches the serial numbers to the VIN? Otherwise this seems like kind of a pointless inspection if I later need a standard safety inspection

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Basically, you need receipts to prove that none of the parts are stolen. As long as you can show where everything came from, you shouldn't have any issues.

You shouldn't need a separate safety inspection as it will be titled as a brand new vehicle. If you can, zero the odometer so you won't need a safety inspection for 10 years.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure how that will work with the new 10 years/150K miles rule. If your title shows 160K, I'm not sure you can use that rule.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Its going to be interesting with mine this time around also as I have no donor engine or transmission. They are both new as are all the other main parts.

Nuker-