Motoracer Colorado Street Extended - 2009 SS/TC

Motoracer110

Been a while since I have posted in my build. Everything coming together nicely. I will be receiving my rotors today that had to get 5x114.3 bolt pattern drilled into them so very excited to get tires on.
I haven’t really made this much of a build thread, most of my questions along the way have been in other threads and everyone has been a huge help getting my car together.
I did purchase the solid transmission mounts as a upgrade and the mount pointing towards the front of the car did not line up. I spoke with Lonny who told me if it does not line up then loosen all the bolts that holds the engine and the subframe bolts then pry the the mount where it needs to be and tighten everything back up. I ended up renting a hydraulic spreader and got everything aligned nicely.
Here is the setup

For anyone else struggling with this use a jack to align up and down, then the spreader to push into position.

After rotors I just have to mount seats, bleed brakes, then get my wrap on and my car will be done for now.

My state requires safety glass and wipers for the windshield. So I’m going to jimmy rig an old Jeep windshield frame, wipers and glass to get it to pass.

I’ll be posting more pictures of the car when I can get the car outside for better photos soon

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Many don't seem to fit. I'm very certain the factory mounting was off quite a bit but wasn't an issue because the rubber mounting would allow for it and it could still be bolted up. DF measured the factory mounting brackets and copied the dimensions but now that it's solid, there is no room for the misalignment. We ended up putting the factory front mount back in but kept the rear.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
For those who are keeping the horsepower/torque lower (less than 300), the Prothane engine mount bushings should work great! $26 to $29 each on eBay / Amazon. Prothane part number 7-516 Better than stock, but not quite as solid as the DF replacements. I used the same tire lube for the radiator hoses to help coerce the red bushing into its new home.

Motoracer110

Excited to see how your build ends up. I'm in the research phase and it's cool to see an extended chassis one being built here in CO.
Awesome! What part of Colorado are you in? If you ride in one of these the research stage quickly turns into buying one at any cost.

Awesome! What part of Colorado are you in? If you ride in one of these the research stage quickly turns into buying one at any cost.
I'm up north a bit, east of Longmont. Yeah, i could see how that could turn quickly. Not knowing how well I'll fit has kept my interest level just below purchasing one so far. But I do seem to hang out on copart more than normal people should...

CajunJeff

For those who are keeping the horsepower/torque lower (less than 300), the Prothane engine mount bushings should work great! $26 to $29 each on eBay / Amazon. Prothane part number 7-516 Better than stock, but not quite as solid as the DF replacements. I used the same tire lube for the radiator hoses to help coerce the red bushing into its new home.
View attachment 9844
These are what I have on my Ion, they were pretty easy to get in with a bench vise.

Motoracer110

I'm up north a bit, east of Longmont. Yeah, i could see how that could turn quickly. Not knowing how well I'll fit has kept my interest level just below purchasing one so far. But I do seem to hang out on copart more than normal people should...
Any time you want to check it out you are more than welcome to I’m in the highlands ranch area

Motoracer110

Quick update putting on side panels and adding the wrap. I’m dreading wrapping the front hopefully all the YouTube videos made me an expert. My wing should be in today and I can get that installed as well.

Lethalcast

I tried to wrap mine at first and I couldnt believe how hard it was. I finally just went with knifeless tape and some stripes then painted the rest lol

Motoracer110

I'm not sure if it matters but the end plates look to be on backwards. Maybe it's just personal preference haha View attachment 9882
Cheers man, haha you can tell you have inspired me with the wheels and wing good find. I just went off of the stock photos on all the websites where the point side is facing the rear so that’s what I went with

I think it looks great both ways

I was getting ready to wrap the front and when I put the front on the car it’s looks great black so I’m taking it to the painter and will paint it satin black then add a neon yellow stripe down the middle. I wish my camera would capture the true color of this wrap it’s way cool in person

Motoracer110

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Well I think I found a good windshield solution for anyone that requires glass
I’m going to give this a shot
I'm watching with interest. :)

Motoracer110

Little update: I just received the windshield and I think it will work perfectly. The posts fit perfectly in the slots that hold the mirrors which is awesome! All I have to do is build clamps for the windshield to fit tightly in those slots then run a center mount from the top of the windshield to the back roll bar for added support. I’m going to purchase 2 roll bar clamps for the mirrors and mount them a few inches back. No cutting needed to the hood or any drastic changes to the body of the car. The windshield is stamped as1 laminated safety glass as well