N/A to Supercharger modification

Nilbog

Wondering if anyone has added a supercharger to their stock naturally aspirated goblin? I have a 2008 (i know, weak engine) 2.2L and I came across a good deal on a supercharger, intake, and TB. I see that ZZPerformance sells a kits that. Looking for some with experience in adding a supercharger that can provide feedback on the mod.

Tinkles

I have attached the installation instructions for the supercharger kit. Just follow them step by step(dont jump ahead) and you'll be fine. I have done 3 supercharger installs onto Cavaliers/Sunfires, including my own.

My thoughts, do it. The way the power is delivered awesome and the whine is addicting. The M62 supercharger that is used will not make enough power to hurt a 100% stock 2.2L. I am actually making 280whp with the upgraded Harrop HTV-1320LSJ supercharger on a 100% stock 2.2L in my Cavalier. No issues. Also, usually the 2.2L's with the M62 make alittle more power than the 2.0L's that came with the M62 stock. That is because of the slightly higher compression ratio that the 2.2 has.

Attachments

Nilbog

I have attached the installation instructions for the supercharger kit. Just follow them step by step(dont jump ahead) and you'll be fine. I have done 3 supercharger installs onto Cavaliers/Sunfires, including my own.

My thoughts, do it. The way the power is delivered awesome and the whine is addicting. The M62 supercharger that is used will not make enough power to hurt a 100% stock 2.2L. I am actually making 280whp with the upgraded Harrop HTV-1320LSJ supercharger on a 100% stock 2.2L in my Cavalier. No issues. Also, usually the 2.2L's with the M62 make alittle more power than the 2.0L's that came with the M62 stock. That is because of the slightly higher compression ratio that the 2.2 has.
Dang... now im pumped! Did you use the kit from ZZperformance when you did the upgrades?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I don't think there is a forum dedicated for SC stuff. I was just pointing out that it might be a good idea to have one created. That wasn't directed towards you.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure where this should go. Should it go in an NA section for people looking to modify the NA or should it go in an SC section because the end result is SC?

By the way, we put a supercharger on P2 and the results were great. We used the kit from ZZP but the mount for the idler pulley didn't work for us because we deleted the AC compressor. I can't remember if we just modified their mount or if we made a completely new mount.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure where this should go. Should it go in an NA section for people looking to modify the NA or should it go in an SC section because the end result is SC?

By the way, we put a supercharger on P2 and the results were great. We used the kit from ZZP but the mount for the idler pulley didn't work for us because we deleted the AC compressor. I can't remember if we just modified their mount or if we made a completely new mount.
I kind of like the idea of having an NA subforum for threads like this where NA builders who want to use power adders can share info or for issues that may be specific to the L61, LE5, and LAP engines.

LS2GTO

Adam, I believe I have your old P2 unless you had multiple P2 units. I can post pics of the idler pulley to see what you did if you like.