ncgoblin's Build Thread - 2005 SS/SC North Carolina

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Thanks guys for the feedback. Don't laugh too hard but last night I took the car for a drive in the neighborhood stopped, powered off car to remove o2 sensor to see which one was required. I then went to start the car and battery dead...I pushed the car about 1/4 mile back to the house. I went to bed and got to thinking...the throttle pedal is electronic and low voltage to the throttle body could be causing the power cut off when i press the pedal all the way down...well charged the battery last night brought the car for a ride today and it is back to pulling hard :) I think I may have resolved my own issue...CHARGE the BATTERY! Your efforts were not waisted now someone knows a bit about o2 sensors, throttle hesitation, and vacuum lines.

NC State Inspection
The NC State Inspector approved the vehicle to be registered. I brought receipts, MVR-55, MCO, inspection report to the DMV. They were a bit confused about if it required a yearly inspection but the lady figured out that it would not require one I thought odd but went with the flow. All paperwork will now go to the Raleigh DMV for title approval they may kick it back if they require additional information but at this point I can drive...and you bet I will!

-Logan

Last edited:

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You would think that there would be other issues with low voltage other than the throttle pedal not working correctly. But anyways, sounds like it's time to maybe replace the battery.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The charging system should have prevented the battery from going that low. You may really want to check the charging! Simply stick a voltmeter on the battery while you are running it. It should be around 14V.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Spoiler installed tonight pics soon to come. I also wet sanded the hood in preperation for the wrap. Does anyone have close up pictures on how to wrap the seatbelt excess straps to the rear for the 5 point harness? I imagine there is a clean organized way of doing it.

Thanks

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Hey everyone,

Today I went to Raleigh and got some powder coating done. I had my exhaust done in satin black high temp 1200 degrees and the springs Chad was generous enough to send me (oranage does not go with my color scheme). Chad mentioned they brought his ride height down to spec so I did not bother to cut and they were actually shorter then mine that I already cut. I installed and my ride height is 9” still! I am thinking the problem is not the springs before I just start cutting I want to verify with you all. First I think I purchased the wrong control arms everyone else has aluminum sport model control arms. Please take look at pics and let me know what your thoughts are.

My control arms:
B5EAAFD5-200D-4308-8D4E-7BF70EA4E2AF.png
73ED631E-F979-496E-9ABA-B53814668276.jpeg
91B75761-DCAF-45D5-A192-46C76C4D1772.jpeg
44C5080F-1479-4B0A-BBAA-0418F3AAB0A5.jpeg

Sport models
B5EAAFD5-200D-4308-8D4E-7BF70EA4E2AF.png
73ED631E-F979-496E-9ABA-B53814668276.jpeg
91B75761-DCAF-45D5-A192-46C76C4D1772.jpeg
44C5080F-1479-4B0A-BBAA-0418F3AAB0A5.jpeg
1500CC25-6F04-4BA9-BC27-CE5B0D759602.jpeg
9D7BD50B-F226-4E28-9881-A255488A67F1.png

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The arms will have nothing to do with the ride height. The struts are the only thing that will affect ride height (well, unless of course your spindles are different which I don't know how they could be). It's odd that the shorter springs did not lower the car, they should have. Unless the two springs are different spring rates. Shorter springs should bring it down. Now that you have two sets, you can cut one set up to your liking.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I went ahead and cut the springs even lower today then when I got them from Chad 1 1/2 links. My ride height is 6” now I was aiming for 7 but hopefully this will not be an issue. I also fixed the seatbelt straps thanks for the video. My hood is going to be marbalized painted this week black/red it should look very unique. Before I get it painted any tips on mounting the plexiglass windshield? I’m also removing my alternator it may have too much paint and not grounding properly.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The first hole to drill is the center hole three inches away from the rear edge of the hood.

Bolt the bracket to the hood. Then bolt the hood to your goblin. Be careful wheel drilling, you don't want to drill into your frame.

Next you will drill the two outer most holes. They are going to be about two inches away from the rear edge of the hood. You will need to flex the bracket toward the rear edge of the hood. This works best with some help.

Drill and bolt these two holes.

Now drill the two remaining holes.

Attach the windscreen. Start in the center and work your way out while bolting the windscreen to the bracket. It is best to leave the paper on the windscreen until you are ready to install it permanently.

Make a note of how much you want to change the overall angle.

Remove the assembly from the hood while adjusting.

Clamp one if the five tabs in a vise and bend the tab to the desired angle, match all of the other tabs to this angle.

Reinstall the windscreen assembly and check to see if any of the five tabs need to be adjusted. You can tweak each one individually, if you want, to match the angle of the hood in each of the five location.

Last edited:

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
The first hole to drill is the center hole three inches away from the rear edge of the hood.

Bolt the bracket to the hood. Then bolt the hood to your goblin. Be careful wheel drilling, you don't want to drill into your frame.

Next you will drill the two outer most holes. They are going to be about two inches away from the rear edge of the hood. You will need to flex the bracket toward the rear edge of the hood. This works best with some help.

Drill and bolt these two holes.

Now drill the two remaining holes.

Attach the windscreen. Start in the center and work your way out while bolting the windscreen to the bracket. It is best to leave the paper on the windscreen until you are ready to install it permanently.

Make a note of how much you want to change the overall angle.

Remove the assembly from the hood while adjusting.

Clamp one if the five tabs in a vise and bend the tab to the desired angle, match all of the other tabs to this angle.

Reinstall the windscreen assembly and check to see if any of the five tabs need to be adjusted. You can tweak each one individually, if you want, to match the angle of the hood in each of the five location.

Hey Lonny do you have a closeup of the end product awesome write-up! Thanks

Wes

Yeah, wish I had better instructions when I did mine.

I did put it together in like two months so there's probably a lot of little things that may have been overlooked or done not exactly right..

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
The charging system should have prevented the battery from going that low. You may really want to check the charging! Simply stick a voltmeter on the battery while you are running it. It should be around 14V.
The issue was ground of the alternator. The eastwood chassis black is thick and there was some mounts that had about 1/2 painted. I also did not have the battery sensor plugged up that wraps around the negative terminal of the battery. I do not see how this would prevent the alternator from starting but its running great now 14.8v.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Well I finished my initial alignment I needed to order camber bolts for the rear but good enough to drive. So last weekend I brought my buddy for a ride but I had the alternator issue which was affecting the throttle about 15 minutes into the ride. Well my logic was that it was not opening up all the way I never once heard the supercharger. Well...I brought the goblin for a ride tonight after fixing the grounding of the alternator and the car is insane. I seriously think it was half power this weekend. I have not felt this amount of pull since my hayabusa. Supercharger whine, intake, exhaust for those still building...you should be excited.

This is awesome...

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I cant wait.....absolutely cant wait.

Unfortunately I will be running at minimal throttle and around the neighborhood....hahaha. Gotta break this engine in first!

lksohm

Congrats on getting the issue figured out! I can't wait to catch up to where you are now with the build.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Here are some photos of recent progress. Not depicted is springs after cutting. Parked outside buddies house he was sick and asleep so I sent him this the next day lol.
D1E65F9A-1AD7-4349-BCAE-67110525E830.jpeg
E68277E9-8DD1-4692-9D99-6C4C7EEF603E.jpeg
8BA50C3C-E5FA-4DBF-9BD3-B0D0E6A88D0B.jpeg
E68277E9-8DD1-4692-9D99-6C4C7EEF603E.jpeg
8BA50C3C-E5FA-4DBF-9BD3-B0D0E6A88D0B.jpeg
B70CF27D-458E-4925-8A1E-86A734053A19.jpeg
734ECBE7-539B-4CC8-BD17-A90710BB49D4.jpeg
7143F0D4-F9A9-47CD-BFBB-AD3E54896453.jpeg
4B433CE4-9ACD-4592-8BDA-0E95ECB7B2DA.jpeg
6412EEC4-04AC-440A-A38A-884D3EFA3622.jpeg