ncgoblin's Build Thread - 2005 SS/SC North Carolina

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I made the same mistake but didn't bend mine around. You install the clip first and then press the line in.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I made the same mistake but didn't bend mine around. You install the clip first and then press the line in.
Well I tried another 30 minutes attempting to shape the clip around so the line would press in no luck. For how big Chevrolette is its like pulling teeth to find a good parts diagram.

Wes

I have a clip, and the line, I got a whole LSJ if you're interested. Send me a text if you still have my number or message me

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I have a clip, and the line, I got a whole LSJ if you're interested. Send me a text if you still have my number or message me
Awesome I’m going to swing by LKQ tomorrow they have a few cobalts if they don’t have any I’ll defiantly buy that clip off you. When did you get a LSJ?

Wes

I found one on CL a few weeks ago, bought it for the S/C and parts to give my 2.4 a little boost. Guy was in Mt. Olive so not far from you, I guess he works at a junkyard or something. I'm heading down to Wilmington tomorrow afternoon so could meet up with you on the way, otherwise won't be back till Sunday night..

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Wes was kind enough to meet me today and give me a clip looks like I’m also going to have a spare LSJ woot! So he gave me the line and clip and the adapter still will not attach to the line with the clip inserted am I going crazy?
27F5DE3E-D3E0-47E6-99BA-92F737FF1B59.jpeg
C47EE49D-8DDA-4387-9324-F6EC2954BA25.jpeg
E70ADC51-D9D4-41EE-AA25-45FCE93EDF8E.jpeg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Clean the port well and lightly sand off the corrosion. Then Put a light coat of grease on the o-ring and the port tube. Should slide on.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Maybe I did mine wrong, but im pretty sure you remove the clip before inserting the line. Pop it out with a small flathead screwdriver, push the line in, and then push the retainer clip back in. Should be super easy.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I sure wish I would have thought of this earlier. I took mine off today so I could remove the old clutch line and remembered the issues I had with it too. The clip does NOT go through one hole and out the other. The clip straddles the two holes. It's just the opposite that you would think that it goes in. Try that and it should pop right in. But you probably already figured it out by now. Maybe it might help someone else.

DSCN0007.JPG
DSCN0009.JPG

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I sure wish I would have thought of this earlier. I took mine off today so I could remove the old clutch line and remembered the issues I had with it too. The clip does NOT go through one hole and out the other. The clip straddles the two holes. It's just the opposite that you would think that it goes in. Try that and it should pop right in. But you probably already figured it out by now. Maybe it might help someone else.

View attachment 6152View attachment 6153
I never saw the email alert for your post man that would have saved me a few days :) I figured out the clip eventually and was a bit mad that it took me that long lol. It popped on super easy after that.

Thanks for the help.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I never saw the email alert for your post man that would have saved me a few days :) I figured out the clip eventually and was a bit mad that it took me that long lol. It popped on super easy after that.

Thanks for the help.
Anyone know what this part is for?
8E78D1F2-FCF0-4DFC-BFD5-FF8A3A7F85F0.jpeg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Did yours come painted? Like Brian said, it goes under the nose cone of the hood. It should have had some small bolts and nuts that came with it. The Dutz fastener require a lot of care getting them on without stripping the head. I custom ground a large stubby screwdriver and it works pretty well.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
On a side note, I hope they didn't powder coat the backside of those fasteners. Adam/Lonny should seriously consider switching to a hex key style.

Last edited:

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
On a side note, I hope they didn't powder coat the backside of those fasteners. Adam/Lonny should seriously consider switching to a hex key style.
It was powder coated let’s hope I can get it on I’ll be home in a few hours to look. Anyone have photos of it installed?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
It was powder coated let’s hope I can get it on I’ll be home in a few hours to look. Anyone have photos of it installed?
If not, aircraft remover (paint remover but stronger) will remove the powder coating on the wires. They are tough to turn and snap on as it is, powder coating will make it almost impossible.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Have any of you replaced the plastic clips that hold the front brake lines on? Mine have only been on for a month and not moved already snapped :).