Need to replace fuel pump

Oldchevyguy

Hi. Putting a vom meter on my donor fuel pump, which btw has wires built in the housing, the fuel gauge goes open at some fuel angles. I need a new one. The 05 2.0 unit is very expensive. Do I have to have this one? The 2.2 pump is much less. What is the difference? Does the fuel pump flow more? P
Opinion?

lksohm

I broke the nipple off my pump when moving the lines and need to replace mine as well.
Is it the same pump as a 2.2 car?

lksohm

That is still half the cost of a junk yard used one.
The pump is super easy to swap out on these cars, no dropping the tank or anything.

Thank you!

Oldchevyguy

Is your SS doner supercharged? Mine is, (05 2.0) and the wires coming out of the housing are built in, not like the amazon unit you showed.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Yes 2.0 ss/sc it has a plug at the top there are no wires visible from the top of the unit. Could you upload a picture of yours ?

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I’m not sure what that one is. Looks nothing like mine. Maybe a tank pressure sensor, could be some sort of emissions thing. I recall something in the build videos mentioning having to get a new fuel pump if you had a certain style.

The one I linked bolted up with the supplied hardware. There is no intelligence In the pump just get power from the relay and runs when the ecu fires the pump relay. I didn’t pin out the fuel level wires not sure how accurate it is but I did run out of gas when the needle said it was out of gas lol.

Oldchevyguy

I’m not sure what that one is. Looks nothing like mine. Maybe a tank pressure sensor, could be some sort of emissions thing. I recall something in the build videos mentioning having to get a new fuel pump if you had a certain style.

The one I linked bolted up with the supplied hardware. There is no intelligence In the pump just get power from the relay and runs when the ecu fires the pump relay. I didn’t pin out the fuel level wires not sure how accurate it is but I did run out of gas when the needle said it was out of gas lol.
I could use the cheaper one like you have if I had the short harness that plugs into it. Dont know where I could get one, do you?

Oldchevyguy

I think I ffg ound the answer to my bbn problem. Buy the attached pump on Ebay. It's a direct replacement for my 05 2.0. Cut the wires a solder in a aftermarket 4 pin plug, which I already have.
Has anyone ever had fuel delivery problems with turned up supercharged 2.0's?