New Guy from Northeast Ohio

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Welcome Adam. Glad you can join us. Congratulations on making the decision to build a Goblin, it will be an adventure that will be challenging, but also provide great satisfaction. You will find many new distant, and some close by, friends who are willing to help you build your car and provide you with the answers to your questions and the knowledge to make sure you can achieve your goal. Don't be shy about asking questions, since someone in our forum family has most likely already had the same question and the answers will typically be quick and informative.

See you are looking at the SS/TC as a donor. Don't be discouraged if you don't find one to your liking and price right away. There are some good cars for a good price out there, you just need to wade through the market to find what you like. Took me a couple months of searching to locate the car I bought - wasn't the one I wanted, but I got it for a very good price.

What Goblin kit will you be buying? You have to think about how you will be using it and what you personal likes/dislikes are. If you plan to race at all (legally please) the Track frame is pretty much a must. Are you tall or short - the standard frame is typically good for someone under 6 feet - over 6 feet the Extended frame is a better fit. Standard door sill or easy entry or an in-between (see ASKILES build) will be a personal choice for your ability to climb in and out of the car.

Please know there are many builder in Ohio and one of them may be close enough you can get sit in a Goblin and possibly drive it. I'm sure they will find your new post soon and be in touch.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Depending on how close to Cleveland you are I may be able to give some advice / help. And by how close to Cleveland i mean do you bleed brown and orange or have you crossed the line and bleed Black and Gold. Haha. Welcome aboard! I am from the Pittsburgh area.

adam424

Hey guys,
Thanks for the warm welcome, I’m currently down below canton. My plan is to build a track frame, not sure if I need the extra length, I’m pretty short so I’m not worried about that, I just like the look. Not sure what the difference between the easy entry and the full sides is, but I’ve seen a few builds on here that I want to follow, I’m on my phone right now so I will post their links later. But any advice for finding a doner would be helpful. I’m willing to spend around 10 if it’s low miles and turbo.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Hey guys,
Thanks for the warm welcome, I’m currently down below canton. My plan is to build a track frame, not sure if I need the extra length, I’m pretty short so I’m not worried about that, I just like the look. Not sure what the difference between the easy entry and the full sides is, but I’ve seen a few builds on here that I want to follow, I’m on my phone right now so I will post their links later. But any advice for finding a doner would be helpful. I’m willing to spend around 10 if it’s low miles and turbo.
take a drive over to my place you can sit in mine and get a feel for what you may need or want, New Philadelphia is about an hour and half from me. we are in Berlin a few times a year,

adam424

I might just do that! I work as a welding inspector on a pipeline so I’m always traveling around. Currently in New Martinsville, WV for a few months. Just want to get all my ducks in a row before I make a final decision

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Welcome Adam! I'm in the Columbus, Ohio area if you want to see an extended track frame. I'm still working on putting my engine back together, so the frame is fairly bare.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I might just do that! I work as a welding inspector on a pipeline so I’m always traveling around. Currently in New Martinsville, WV for a few months. Just want to get all my ducks in a row before I make a final decision
I will pm you my contact information. Tomorrow

WYGoblin

Welcome. It is a shame you all are closer to the east coast than me. I am in Wyoming. I keep looking at the market place on Facebook and on a site called ksl.com in their classifieds at cobalts. I keep seen a bunch of supercharged and turboed cobalts there. Some priced good some high, but they are almost all drivers with no damage. The one I picked up I paid $3000 for and drove it home from Salt Lake City UT about 200ish miles with no issues. They are definitely still out there it might just be how far you want to go to get one and how much you want to pay for one.

Not sure if that link worked. Usually don't link stuff much but I seen this one in Delta, CO for $2500 and supposed to be running and driving with no problems (but that is what they all say :p)

adam424

I'm deffently keeping my eyes open for something to come along. One the builds I am most interested in is from a user
BaltimoreHokie (http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/mannys-city-goblin-07-ss-sc-donor.559/ ) Love the color of his frame, and the wheels and tires he chose for his build. I've never seen a Goblin in real life so if i get some time off, I would really be interested in seeing one and seeing how much work goes into building one. I think im up for the challenge! hah