New Hampshire registration

BAR-AIR

Rich,
I would have to second that with regards to registering the Goblin in states like (NY,CA,NH etc...). I think the Ecotec first showed up in the Chevrolet/Saab lineup in 2000. I'm not sure if the early engine blocks are the same as the later models for bolting it up into the Goblin frame. A draw back (or a benefit) depending how you look at it the earlier Ecotec used a manual throttle body that would mean running a cable accelerator pedal. It also would allow a much simpler stand alone engine wiring harness also eliminate a lot of the headaches of tuning the engines for any kind of modification (headers,turbos, etc.... ) the throttle by wire was a real problem trying to get the tunes correct. You would end up buying two cheap donors a Cobalt (for all the Goblin kit required parts) and a early Cavalier (for the Engine/transmission).

Jason Lane

+1

Paul-
There are different inspection stations, I'm going to a different one next time.
I mentioned SEMA Action; he still insisted it needed to be a "replica". I pointed out the MSO from DF Kit Car says "Certificate of Origin for a Kit Car"
During the end of our conversation we weren't seeing eye to eye as I also mentioned road graders and front end loaders don't have fenders but have licence plates.

UPDATE:
I went to someone who is very knowledgeable about state inspections.
Classification I need to use = all purpose; same one that's used for a SUV or Jeep (other options would be automobile, motorcycle, moped, pickup, farm, commercial, and a few others)

He gave me some very good info and he would have given me a VIN, just not a pass right then.
Given the items needing attention, I would have been able to do them in 30 minutes and come right back.
3 things he said might be noticed:
  • The rear brake lines underneath need to be bent closer to the fuel tank to prevent being ripped out if you go down a dirt road and hit a rock or stump; Class 6 roads in NH are not maintained by the city, town or state. They should also be wrapped in 1/4" cable wire loom as a primary protection.
  • The front brake line needs another clamp 1/2 way down the vertical run coming out of the master cylinder to prevent movement and again covered in wire loom.
  • The dash panel I made has 4 pointy edges, file them down or put more of the door edge guard on it.
I will wait for the body panels before I try again.
I'm going to sell the 17" Camaro wheels and tires and buy something that fits better. 205s for the front and 245s for the rear.
Who did you end up having luck with? I'm trying to convert a 4 seater rzr side by side for the road and was told it was possible but strict enforcement of what has to be done. Wanna know if it is worth doing or if I should just register it as a tractor.

RichN

Who did you end up having luck with? I'm trying to convert a 4 seater rzr side by side for the road and was told it was possible but strict enforcement of what has to be done. Wanna know if it is worth doing or if I should just register it as a tractor.
I ended up dealing with a supervisor.
I had talked to them about registering side by sides and they said there was a small time frame when they were able to register them for the street, that loophole has been closed for a few years.