New Look

Tony

Awesome, the new bumper and rock rails really complete the look. On the subject of updated website, are there still plans to add a "storefront" where we can see/order kit pieces? Coilovers, parking brake setup, button panels, bodywork, etc.

Nilbog

Does it state anywhere what the differences between the standard Gob and the A/T are? Just wondering if there is a simple way for standard gob owners to easily convert theirs to a A/T if they wanted....

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Primarily the suspension has changed. I don't know specifics but I did see the prototype some time ago.

Wes

Does it state anywhere what the differences between the standard Gob and the A/T are? Just wondering if there is a simple way for standard gob owners to easily convert theirs to a A/T if they wanted....
Looks like it wouldn't be that easy. The frame modifications for the kick rails and bumpers are likely welded in parts and the radiator relocated to the back so would be pretty complicated. Also, it says they are only supporting the 2.2 and 2.4 automatic donors for some reason.

Probably because the F35 is too delicate for off-roading. 2nd gear shatters like glass, with the wrong kind of shifting. Plus, I foresee many burnt up clutches in the manual A/T goblin future! lol

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I would still like to see a 4-6 point clamp on / replacable beam style front end version. Mid-travel coil overs with delrin trailing arm bushings and torsion leaves removed. That would really make it like an old school buggy and give the front suspension durability, longetivity and cheap replacement parts available everywhere. My sandrail takes most of the wear and beating in the front end, especially riding high speed bump or off camber trails and climbing hills. I’ve got 2000 miles of utterly abusive, purely desert driving on it as proof. It will still outlast any A arm configuration; IMO beam is the way to go. Slam something and tweak the beam? Just replace the beam. Good to go.

The Cobalt power steering would fit right up to a VW sandrail style rack & pinion. In fact that is one of my next planned modifications.

Last edited:

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,

While I like the look of the All Terrain Goblin. Is that going to be the demise of the street legal version?????? Just with the lack of enthusiasm to supply or develop any additional DOT required equipment for the street cars. Sad.... and just an observation......

Bruce

Chad.... thanks for the optimism.
But at some point they need to finish what they started and make good on what was promised. The guys sitting with cars waiting know what I’m talking about.
Bruce

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
BAR-AIR's post kinda makes me feel bad. I was not aware that there guys sitting with cars that they can't finish because of promises that we are not making good on.

If this is true they need to call me. My cell number is 214-334-0232.

I feel like we are making good progress on the DOT items that we know kit builders up north will need.

We now offer parking brakes bumpers and safety glass windshields. As far as defrosters, visors and wipers we never implied that we were going to develope those items.

I want everyone to feel free to call me anytime any day of the week especially if they have a problem.

If it helps, I happen to know first hand that the wipers from a 66 Lemans convertible, are small enough to use on a goblin windshield. The motor is also fairly small. With a little adapting, it could work. Just an idea that might help a few that need them.

Paperscale

Awesome, the new bumper and rock rails really complete the look. On the subject of updated website, are there still plans to add a "storefront" where we can see/order kit pieces? Coilovers, parking brake setup, button panels, bodywork, etc.
Sort of reviving this because there didn't seem to be an answer to this question and I'd love to know as well. It's all well and good to have people who have ordered parts be able to tell us what the extras cost, but I'd love something more official, with pictures and some basic info on what you can get with the extras, or whatever extra you guys are able to offer once a kit is purchased.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Sort of reviving this because there didn't seem to be an answer to this question and I'd love to know as well. It's all well and good to have people who have ordered parts be able to tell us what the extras cost, but I'd love something more official, with pictures and some basic info on what you can get with the extras, or whatever extra you guys are able to offer once a kit is purchased.
Please check out the thread about the store here: