New member.

Only got to look at it for a few minutes, but it a 2008 sport I think. It had just over 100000 miles on it and bought it local. Its a base 2.2 engine, no turbo or supercharger, and auto. Hell, I'm 70 and don't need need the feel for speed anymore like you young whipper snappers. It had been hit in the left front damage to headlight mainly and to front bumper, and did not appear to been pushed back at all. After it gets here Monday, starting demo and get kit ordered ASAP.

ManDan1957

Welcome to the group. I’m with you on the speed thing. I’m 61 and started my project in March. Base 2.2 auto. I just wanted a fun car to drive. I’m almost ready for the road.
Ps label all electrical connectors as you take them apart. Will save you lots of grief later.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the group. I have to say after driving my 5spd. in traffic for a few days the automatic sounded good.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Question. Does kit come with a printout for wiring thinning on the harness. This will be the hardest for me.
No but theres several links on the forum for wiring diagrams. What helped me the most was the pin layout for the fuse blocks BCM and ECU from Alldata.com. If your building a base cobalt you should be able to follow the videos pretty closely.

Well, my donor car arrived this afternoon and was little worse than expected. Found out rear window was broken out and had some water damage to seats, carpet and mold problem, glad I won't be using any of these things. Other than that, don't look to bad other wise. Can't wait to get shop cleaned out and make room to start dismantle.

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
My donor was moldy as hell. Once you get the carpet out, you'll see it's no big deal. The seats will clean up nicely.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Question. how is the auto version get trans. cooled. Haven't seen any thing on videos yet.
The trans cooler is removed during teardown of the donor and not retained or replaced. The line gets looped, much like the heater hose near the thermostat housing. Adding a cooler isn't too difficult though, if you want to run one.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yeah, don’t sweat the mold and smell. Our car had moldy dog piss in the back seats! The PO tried to cover it up with lots of dangling air fresheners which was as bad or worse. The smell actually permeated the wires! I can to clean the wires with paint thinner and alcohol to get ride of the stickiness and some of the smell. Can’t stand that smell to this day.

It’s fun tearing it down and tossing that nasty junk and cleaning up what you need to keep.

Motoracer110

Awesome! That’s a good feeling to get the break down done. Do you know the color scheme you will be making the goblin?