New Mexico Registration

First post here. But wondering if anyone has registered one of these in New Mexico? I am currently looking for a donor SS.

My quick look says it shouldn't be an issue, minus a few things.

This is the list of requirements.

There is also a few notes on Replica cars but it doesnt specify exemptions from this list. Anyone have experience?

Thanks
Brian

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
The biggest thing that I see is the last one with the emissions. hopefully it can be titled differently to avoid having to keep all the emission items. Here in PA mine will be titled as Specialty Constructed Vehicle that gives me an out for emissions.

Thanks! I took a look, and maybe I am missing something. Is there conclusive text to say whether or not I will have to keep the emissions parts? It seems like it depends on what age you register it as. I assume if I can register as Replica (seems to be no big deal) then i can choose what it is a replica of (57 Lotus 7?) then I should be good to go.

Not very clear any of this....

BAR-AIR

As per NY ... The Goblin kit was not close enough to anything to be called a replica/clone. I had asked about the Lotus and also about the VW T’OWD....
so then it comes down to the year of the engine/donor car.

RichN

One thing I see on that list might be 2 red reflectors at left and right side on rear.
I can't remember the 3 wheeled car they are building in Utah, but they used yellow reflectors on the front wheel caps and red on the rears to comply with federal standards as a manufacturer.

As per NY ... The Goblin kit was not close enough to anything to be called a replica/clone. I had asked about the Lotus and also about the VW T’OWD....
so then it comes down to the year of the engine/donor car.
That is what I am worried about. I watched all the build videos and guess I may have to keep the emissions stuff. Is there places to bolt down all of that in the kit?

One thing I see on that list might be 2 red reflectors at left and right side on rear.
I can't remember the 3 wheeled car they are building in Utah, but they used yellow reflectors on the front wheel caps and red on the rears to comply with federal standards as a manufacturer.
Sounds good. I think we can use some stick on reflectors to manage this one.