Nilbog's Matte Blaze 08 LT

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
What is the routing of your setup? I wonder if you would convert over to the SS/SC routing by installing the tensioner and A/C

Nilbog

Currently stock with AC. The routing with zzp kit is as shown below. You can see how its different than what bar air did above with his zzp install. I'd love to get rid of the AC comp if possible.

Attachments

Nilbog

dumb questions for the SC guys.....

1. Has anyone been able to remove their SC manifold without taking out the engine from the goblin? My engine was already installed and running. I removed the stock plastic (donor as an non-SC) manifold but cant finagle the LSJ SC manifold into position. I think the main radius of the manifold is interfering with the fuel tank and the threaded manifold mount (bottom of manifold) is somehow interfering with the engine block as i slide the manifold downwards to install.

Is there a simple way to "shift" the engine assembly back an inch or so without tearing everything apart?

Last edited:

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I think you should be able to support the engine underneath, remove all of the engine bolts and have enough room to shift it back. Clutch cables and clutch line might need to be disconnected. Should have enough flex everywhere else.

Nilbog

I remove the two long studs when changing mine with engine in car, Then reinstall after putting in a couple of bolts.

Brad
Brilliant! I actually looked at them but didnt want to start wrenching on them not knowing how they were attached. Whats the best way to remove? Double lock a couple nuts and back them out?

Thanks!

Nilbog

Is there supposed to be a oring or "seal" between the large dual bypass port on the manifold and its mating surface of the supercharger underside? I see a groove on both but really struggling to find an oring/seal on rockauto (and my ZZP SC install kit did not include anything for that connection). If there is supposed to be something there does anyone have a P/N or link?

Nilbog

Think i found it.... 12584333 not a lot of supplier out there.... :(

$40 shipped, yikes. Maybe just an RTV lol

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Never underestimate the power of your local dealer. I know they get a lot of hell but I have found some small parts like the brake switch nut for less than a dollar at the dealer and free shipping whereas online they were $5 plus shipping. And they were able to find the part number.

Nilbog

Crappy instructions from ZZP. Trying to figure out what sensors go where on the LSJ intake and supercharger. The instructions had a picture that mentions a MAP block off plate on the intake but nothing was supplied. For the SC guys what sensor goes on the intake and what sensor goes on the supercharger? Neither my stock MAP sensor or the 4bar MAP sensor they provided have a mounting hole that lines up on the intake.

lksohm

Crappy instructions from ZZP. Trying to figure out what sensors go where on the LSJ intake and supercharger. The instructions had a picture that mentions a MAP block off plate on the intake but nothing was supplied. For the SC guys what sensor goes on the intake and what sensor goes on the supercharger? Neither my stock MAP sensor or the 4bar MAP sensor they provided have a mounting hole that lines up on the intake.
My engine is mostly dismantled for paint prep at the moment but this is the 4 bar MAP sensor I believe. Attached to the top of the S/C. 20190113_215804.jpg

jpr

What if anything are you doing for fenders? Trying to decide if I oughtta order a set.