Nilbog's Matte Blaze 08 LT

Nilbog

Thanks George - do you happen to have a link? I've just gone through the ZZP website but im only finding the picture of the supercharger kit, not finding any routing diagrams. Maybe im in the wrong section of the website...

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Looks like he added the bypass. I wonder if the laminova tubes are in there the correct way. They have to turned around when you do that. Also, I cleaned and flushed mine while they were out. They were terribly dirty and full of oily residue.

While you have the supercharger off, you can easily dump the oil out of it and change the oil. Use ONLY OEM GM oil. Your dealer will have to order it, they don't normally carry it. I'll have to see if I can find the part number for it, it changed a couple of times. I will have to also see if I can find the directions for the laminova tubes and how they are oriented in the intake.

You will need a pump, heat exchanger, larger injectors (60#), belt, belt tensioner, keep the A/C compressor (you will need it for belt routing), that's all I can think of at the moment.

Nilbog

Thanks chad! I was going to just order the supercharger kit from ZZP minus the intake, SC, and TB. It appears it has all of the other items, not sure if you can confirm that or not? Appreciate all the help, chargers are all new to me.

https://zzperformance.com/ecotec/superchargers-eaton-parts/2-2-2-4l-bolt-on-supercharger-kit

Also looks like in this kit there is a black piece in their picture connected to the SC. In my picture i dont have that, maybe a sensor or something. Lots to learn! :)

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Thanks chad! I was going to just order the supercharger kit from ZZP minus the intake, SC, and TB. It appears it has all of the other items, not sure if you can confirm that or not? Appreciate all the help, chargers are all new to me.

https://zzperformance.com/ecotec/superchargers-eaton-parts/2-2-2-4l-bolt-on-supercharger-kit

Also looks like in this kit there is a black piece in their picture connected to the SC. In my picture i dont have that, maybe a sensor or something. Lots to learn! :)
Yeah, you don't have the supercharger inlet sensor (it's the exact same sensor as the barometric pressure sensor you may already have? I don't see the bypass valve either. Not only will you need the sensors, you will need the wiring to go with it and the ECM to control all of that. At that point, it's over my head as I did not have to do a conversion.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
One more thing, the IAT2 (air intake temp 2) that mounts in the intake, I can't tell if that is there either.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Can you confirm this is what your bypass valve and IAT2 looks like?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3764001&cc=1431996&jsn=822&jsn=822

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=993719&cc=1431996&jsn=486&jsn=486&jsn=486&jsn=486

Comes up as intake air charge temp sensor. Pulled up all from 2006 SC.
The IAT sensor looks correct.

This is the pressure sensor mounted to the SC housing. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=87376&cc=1433737&jsn=532

1534727461287.png

As for the bypass, the item you referenced is only the solenoid, you will also need the bypass actuator, hoses, and connector. Notice the blue connector plugged into the solenoid, this releases the pressure via the hoses from the actuator (follow the hose in the picture).

1534727556380.png

Nilbog

Wohooo!! Local scrap yard picked up the donor frame. Thought that'd never leave the driveway! :) Also, got the engine prepped/painted and ready for install once the frame shows up. Coating chamber is taking a bit longer than expected though :(

Nilbog

How open are people on this forum to sharing their HPtuners BIN files? Just looking for a baseline SC tune (auto or manual) to get some starting criteria from. Its been about 12 years since i last started a tune from scratch.

Nilbog

Late night, early Christmas delivery! All stages showed up and are now in garage. I'll get pics out tonight. Excited to start prepping, coating, and assembly!

CajunJeff

I have the base (factory) LSJ tune for 42# injectors if you want it. Granted, it wouldn't work for a base LT engine right out the box (has a different ECU) but it could possibly get you close, as far as the VE tables and spark advance, etc. I'll have to find it on my laptop, but I know I have it somewhere. Ah! Found it.
*DISCLAIMER*
DON'T just flash this on your base engine, it will very likely screw something up!
Also, I wouldn't recommend 60# injectors if you're not going over 250HP. Not necessary, and you have to do some workarounds in the tune to make them work... the factory ECU doesn't scale up to 60 lb/hr, you have to modify the voltage/injector table to make it think they're 42's. Plus with 42's you can use factory parts.

Attachments

Nilbog

I have the base (factory) LSJ tune for 42# injectors if you want it. Granted, it wouldn't work for a base LT engine right out the box (has a different ECU) but it could possibly get you close, as far as the VE tables and spark advance, etc. I'll have to find it on my laptop, but I know I have it somewhere. Ah! Found it.
*DISCLAIMER*
DON'T just flash this on your base engine, it will very likely screw something up!
Also, I wouldn't recommend 60# injectors if you're not going over 250HP. Not necessary, and you have to do some workarounds in the tune to make them work... the factory ECU doesn't scale up to 60 lb/hr, you have to modify the voltage/injector table to make it think they're 42's. Plus with 42's you can use factory parts.
Thanks Jeff! Yes, i've used HPtuners a ton in the past so familiar with peeling data from other tunes. Appreciate it! :)

CajunJeff

No problem. Is this donor an L61/2.2? I hope you can tune the engine with HPT, I want to say a while back they wouldn't read the 2.2 ECU's, only the 2.0 and 2.4's. Hopefully they have that fixed by now.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm still very confused by this as I can see that the max is 63.

1535754726896.png

Mine was set like this from ZZP.

1535754807610.png

I'm running too rich mostly across the board. I was thinking about scaling this up to the 63 and also tweaking the voltage for them also. I have tweaked the voltage a little bit and already notice a difference but until I can get my wideband to hook up to the scanner, I can't fine tune it.