Nilbog's Matte Blaze 08 LT

CajunJeff

I'm still very confused by this as I can see that the max is 63.

View attachment 5145

Mine was set like this from ZZP.

View attachment 5146

I'm running too rich mostly across the board. I was thinking about scaling this up to the 63 and also tweaking the voltage for them also. I have tweaked the voltage a little bit and already notice a difference but until I can get my wideband to hook up to the scanner, I can't fine tune it.
There's some info on that in the HPTuners forums, but it may be a glitch specific to the LSJ ECU... all I know is that it is very common to have to do that on LSJ's:
https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?44040-LSJ-Injectors-101-Your-basic-how-to&44040-LSJ-Injectors-101-Your-basic-how-to

Nilbog

Long time coming but the chassis is coated! A little bit of steel, some iron phos, some powder, add heat and Bingo! A bit glossier than i wanted but it ready for assembly! I think im planning to do the brake lines and calipers in blaze orange. My first ever powdering coating attempt. :confused::confused:
chassis.jpg

Last edited:

Nilbog

60x54x120 inside. 80 amp. 6 elements. 14 ga gal steel all around. Rolling trolley with rack. Quad high temp fans funneling air from top along side to bottom outputs. Single RTD (going to add another to attach on rack) feedback. Mineral wool throughout. Works ok. 400F in about 20 minutes empty. 30 minutes to 400 with full rack and chassis.

Nilbog

Prepping parts for assembly. The telescoping steering shaft seems to be seized.... does not adjust shorter or longer. Ideas on how to break it loose? Or am i missing something and it is not supposed to adjust?

Thanks!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Prepping parts for assembly. The telescoping steering shaft seems to be seized.... does not adjust shorter or longer. Ideas on how to break it loose? Or am i missing something and it is not supposed to adjust?

Thanks!
Very common issue. It should move but the grease inside has hardened and the tolerances are so close that the grease is like a glue now. Check out my post on what I did for this. I urge you not to use brute force as you may end up bending or damaging it as other have.

http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/ctuinstras-city-goblin-07-ss-sc-donor-licensed.338/post-6117

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru

Thanks!
71 ish for a new one....that's what I did...

Nilbog

Thanks Guys! I tried heat but nothing. I will try paint thinner. I did hammer on them a bit but not hard. If paint thinner doesnt work i'll buy from RA. Thanks!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Thanks Guys! I tried heat but nothing. I will try paint thinner. I did hammer on them a bit but not hard. If paint thinner doesnt work i'll buy from RA. Thanks!
Pour it down in there and let it sit for a day. It’ll loosen up. One it starts to move, it goes pretty quick after that.

Nilbog

Prepping engine for install. I removed the wire harnesses from the engine previously for painting. Looking for a bit of help:

- On the intake side of engine i have a ground lugs as part of the engine harness, wired in right before the red/black radiator fan connector. Where did this ground originally connect?

- Evap connector. Did everyone else remove the evap during their builds? Do i just leave the connector not plugged into anything?

- Next to one of the ground lugs im trying to find a home for is the red black radiator fan connector. Did i miss something during harness build? Should this be connecting to something?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nilbog

Well.... other than a few missing parts i grounded all lugs and tried turning her over.... no go. Dash lights up as normal. Turn key to start and nothing. No click or attempt to turn over. Suspecting the data wire connection..... unless others have ideas that have ran into the same issue???

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Do you hear the throttle body motor reset when you turn the key? That is one of the indicators of communication.

Also make sure you ground the headlight harness. This is often forgotten about. It's the large white connection block on the underside of the fuse box, the wires go to the lights and there is a ground lug on there that HAS to be grounded.

Nilbog

Do you hear the throttle body motor reset when you turn the key? That is one of the indicators of communication.

Also make sure you ground the headlight harness. This is often forgotten about. It's the large white connection block on the underside of the fuse box, the wires go to the lights and there is a ground lug on there that HAS to be grounded.
Thanks! Yes I heard the throttle body reset. I will check that ground. :)

Nilbog

Ok, still working on the grounds.

Can anyone school me on the fuel line from the fuel rail to the fuel filter? I have a bag that says fuel line hardware with two fuel line end connections with barbs on other ends. I small piece of aluminum tubing and one small coated clamp. How are people making the line from this? Was line supplied?

Thanks!

Nilbog

Ok, i pulled the top ECM connector data wires and confirm they have connection to the BCM grey plug. Is that the connection that is required for data?

Confirmed battery ground connects to BCM rear lug, pedal box lug, and engine ground lug.

I hope im just missing something easy.... :)

Last edited:

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Ok, i pulled the top ECM connector data wires and confirm they have connection to the BCM grey plug. Is that the connection that is required for data?

Confirmed battery ground connects to BCM rear lug, pedal box lug, and engine ground lug.

I hope im just missing something easy.... :)
Push in the clutch pedal???? Make sure the brake and clutch connectors are not switched. I think it was Chad who had them flipped around.