Nilbog's Matte Blaze 08 LT

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Progress again... its rollin! Seem to have a leak when I hit the brake pedal without the car running, I can hear air coming out from somewhere by the master cylinder.
That's the diaphragm inside the brake booster. You are pushing air (since there is no vacuum without the car running to suck the air) when you press the pedal. You are actually pumping and pushing air into the engine intake through the vacuum line.

Nilbog

Thanks. Duh--- on the e-clip... Guess i should have installed that. Time to pull it back apart.

Ok, makes sense on the air movement. I found that i tightened down the rubber to plastic line that goes to the back but didnt tighten down the large rubber to the master itself :(. Brakes are done and bled. Just need to mount the shifter...

Nilbog

Need to start digging into Hptuners again. Is there a way to reset throttle position? When at idle its showing around 19.6%......

Nilbog

Jon - should be able to return your stock exhaust manifold next week. Was able to get new headers ordered. Picked up some fluorescent orange for powder coating. Love the color but the metal prep must be pristine bare metal or is comes out blotchy.

Reactions: jpr

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Need to start digging into Hptuners again. Is there a way to reset throttle position? When at idle its showing around 19.6%......
I think that is normal. We have an 09 Cobalt LT here at the shop with a factory tune and stock intake. I scanned it about a week ago and at idle it shows 22.4% throttle. Also, at full throttle it only shows 91.5%.

Nilbog

I think that is normal. We have an 09 Cobalt LT here at the shop with a factory tune and stock intake. I scanned it about a week ago and at idle it shows 22.4% throttle. Also, at full throttle it only shows 91.5%.
Interesting. I know a decade ago when I tuned a 408 stroker I did a tps reset or recal for the same reason and then it would show 100% at wot. Almost ready for some more street time and ill do some recordings..

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. I know a decade ago when I tuned a 408 stroker I did a tps reset or recal for the same reason and then it would show 100% at wot. Almost ready for some more street time and ill do some recordings..
A semi-related data point: my Solstice has an LNF and at idle it shows 17.3% and at WOT it shows 83.1%

Nilbog

Note to self... after wiring up the front headlights and turn signals to find out they dont work, swearing, then rechecking your wiring, swearing, rechecking they wire labels, swearing, rechecking your wiring, swearing, rechecking the wire labels....... make sure you remembered to RE-plug in your blinker lever wiring plugs after you've unplugged them to reinstall your steering shaft e-clip that you forgot to install originally.... WOW (headslap)

Headlights/Blinkers work!

How are others holding their wire routing along chassis tubing? Thinking about the few wires running to the blinkers but also in general. Just zip ties around the wires and tubing? Or creative ideas that wont scrap coating?

Last edited:

Nilbog

Anyone happen to have the bolt sizes for the brake pedal sensor mount and the ignition switch mounting? I lost one of the ignition bolts and somehow snapped the head off the brake sensor bolt when installing (somehow must have cross threaded).