Nilbog's Matte Blaze 08 LT

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Note to self... after wiring up the front headlights and turn signals to find out they dont work, swearing, then rechecking your wiring, swearing, rechecking they wire labels, swearing, rechecking your wiring, swearing, rechecking the wire labels....... make sure you remembered to RE-plug in your blinker lever wiring plugs after you've unplugged them to reinstall your steering shaft e-clip that you forgot to install originally.... WOW (headslap)

Headlights/Blinkers work!

How are others holding their wire routing along chassis tubing? Thinking about the few wires running to the blinkers but also in general. Just zip ties around the wires and tubing? Or creative ideas that wont scrap coating?
Had the same issue but it was just because I was low in blinker fluid.

Nilbog

Anyone have the wire diagram showing where the button panel wires connect in the harness? I have confirmed :mad: i cut out the flat connector that went to the steering wheel. Instead i have two purple connectors that i didnt cut out (no idea what they are for).

Thanks!

Nilbog

Thanks, that helps for the horn. Im trying to figure out where the other ends connect to at the BCM, ECM, TCM, etc.

Nilbog

Slooow week around here for log updates. Im still trying to find out where the cruise and info/return wires connect into the harness (ecm/bcm/tcm/etc) so if anyone has that information it'd be great!

Also, ordered front/rear bumpers from Adam that i'll use for my front license plate mount which is great. Tried my hand at some illusion powder coating last night, first attempt at a 2 stage coating. Think i have some grounding issues between coats, didnt get full coverage on the top coat that brings out the illusion color.

I will post car pics this weekend. Should have all lights mounted along with side panels and hood. Im sure some will get a kick out of my rear light setup! :p Front and rear are now all aligned and ready for the road. As well, i did add it on insurance so its legal to hit the roads when we get a nice day :)

Last edited:

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Nice work! Regarding the PC are you trying the Super Chrome base with a candy illusion over it or the Illusion base with a basic clear?

If my harness wasnt all wrapped up I would love to help on the cruise/info/return wires. Im sure someone has schematics that will work.

Nilbog

No Super Chrome, its just illusion base and prismatic clear. Its all new to me so im doing trial and error with scraps. The portion that had good coverage did look pretty sweet. Its their illusion blue which is really a blue/purple. I also picked up some shocker because that color is just amazing.

Nilbog

20181117_124908.jpg

Trying to fab up a gauge panel for the info/return/cruise/etc. Will be working to install the supercharger and expect i'll want a boost gauge (boost is totally new to me). From what i've read i should get a mechanical boost gauge. I see autometer a lot on the cobalt forums.

Any recommendations on what boost gauge to get?

Last edited: